Parents of America: If Your Child Isn't a Scout, They're Missing Out

I feel obliged to correct myself. Our council does have a recruiting TV campaign running right now to help us all collectively out, which I ought to have mentioned. I knew that but forgot, because we're cord cutters and so see no TV ads. Not national, but someone other than units is doing something in the marketing department and credit is due where credit is due.

Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2024 at 9:50 PM, AwakeEnergyScouter said:

I agree, a national campaign would be great. That's almost certainly going to be necessary for long-term overall growth. But in lieu of that, I am going to be a Juliet, as the Girl Scouts say. I'm not waiting.

08/23/2024: NYSE News covered Troop 331 ringing the closing bell to kick off Scouting America's Fall Recruitment.

[10:15-12:20] Director of Media  Relation and Government Affairs Scott Armstrong explains name rebranding ( count me in his words "a little bit wrinkled")

[15:00-16:30] there appears to be a new National ad.

[22:26-25:15] Director of Media  Relation and Government Affairs Scott Armstrong states  Scouting is open to everybody. Did DRP go away?

[28:00-30:00] Troop 331 SM Pete Asch speaks of his family Scouting experience and that his troop is in the pilot coed troop program.

[30:15] Eagle Scout Harrison Gray rings Closing Bell as "stocks surge" on August 23rd, 2024 @ 3:56 PM - 4:00 PM

• Fed's Powell says 'time has come' to cut interest rates
  • Small caps, regional banks surge
  • Workday jumps after Q2 revenue beat, $1 bln share buyback plan
  • Indexes up: Dow 1.14%, S&P 500 1.15%, Nasdaq 1.47%

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/futures-firm-powell-set-take-center-stage-jackson-hole-2024-08-23/

Edited by RememberSchiff

I’ve seen this advertisement.  

It’s better than what I’ve seen previously, but my encounters with it have been on BSA-affiliated sites as posts, i.e., not pushed out by Council or by National as advertising and not where new families can encounter absent a unit pushing out.  Hoping to see this pushed out as ad copy.

I do wish there was more brand usage/penetration.  The first 45 seconds (eternity in today’s screen time) are silent on the BSA logo, the word Scouting, or a uniform.  The second half, if the viewer remains that long, does a good job of connecting to the brand.