Community still cares, but only if they are made aware.

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2024/06/27/this-scouts-bsa-troop-has-met-in-the-same-cabin-for-100-years/

While I suspect that more care from the communities in our council than those in charge of the Council think, they cannot respond if we do not make them aware.  Our almost century old camp is in mothballs and the socalled committee simply acts as if it is a foregone conclusion the community will not care.  My experience is that speaking with others of my vintage and often younger is that they have concern about the camp, the concepts our foundational tenets embrace, and the need for the program AND its support through the camp and other ways.  The idea that nobody really cares is it seems to me a very wrong impression.  BUT, unless we make it known and press it over the voices of the political and narrow thinking council we will soon see not only the camp gone completely, as has happened too often already across the country, but we will see the program continue to struggle when it is needed so badly.  Our local history shows the community was the driving force of the council's development a century+ back, and the idea that has changed is wrong, or so I believe.