My.Scouting Error Message with changing Functional Roles

Hello All, 

I've been all over the instructional documents, all over the web, tech support, and even to my council office, and nobody can help me figure this one out. 

I'm the COR for my troop so I know that I have access to adding / moving / expiring Functional Roles in My.Scouting, but for some reason, every time I try and expire a position, I get a "Not Found" error message.  Changing Registered Positions has been fine.  I recently changed out our Committee Chair and SM, but in this recent election we had, several other Functional Role positions have changed like treasurer and UAC.  My other issue is dragging / dropping a unit member that appears on the Registered Positions tab over to the Functional Roles tab as most of the members I need to put into those positions don't exist on the other tab.   Photo attached.  All help appreciated.  

Untitled presentation (16).jpg

If you're using an off brand web browser, say Firefox for example, try something more mainstream, such as Chrome. I've had all sorts of problems with user interfaces on Firefox by companies that probably only tested their sw on one or two browsers.

This is nothing but a hunch.

On 6/23/2024 at 9:59 PM, Alec27 said:

I recently changed out our Committee Chair and SM, but in this recent election we had, several other Functional Role positions have changed like treasurer and UAC. 

Wait. What? Election?

On 6/23/2024 at 9:59 PM, Alec27 said:

even to my council office, and nobody can help me figure this one ou

It seems like they did an update with having expiration dates and a) didn’t update any documentation b) roll it out and c) it is full of confusing interface and bugs. Your council office can enter a ticket for the error you are seeing. You can’t. 😞

You should redact those names. Black magic markers are everyone but the presses friend. 

Have you tried changing the roles in Scoutbook as well? I mean like, doing it in Scoutbook and my.Scouting at the same(ish) time? The data layer is supposed to be the same and perhaps Scoutbook is overriding your changes?