Free Official Uniform Bank

jegrasa

My wife operates a free Uniform Bank for our District and Council.

We're low on stock.

We would like to establish or join a "Uniform Bank network" allowing us to list our stock and request items to fill our needs. No uniforms should move unless there is a specific request. Thus limiting the work and cost of shipping.

Something just doesn't seem right.

First post asking for uniforms??????

I am a long time poster if you have uniforms you don't need or would like to share. Send them to my Pack instead. Most of you know of my scouting struggles and financial status of our Pack. Your donations would be most appreciated.

Thank you for responding to my post.

I'm sorry I created a misunderstanding for you Basementdweller. I will attempt to clarify:

FIRST: Our purpose is to get as many young people in uniform as possible- without a money restriction. And, to get uniforms in good repair out of "retirement". We our seamstress can make minor repairs as needed.

SECOND: We operate the Uniform Bank for our District and Council. We are a "clearing house" for all "experienced" official uniforms and uniform parts. That means we maintain a comprehensive database of currently available "experienced" uniform items within our Council. Most of those uniforms are in someone's closet waiting. We also house any directly donated items brought to our Roundtable meetings, or dropped off at our Council Service Centers.

THIRD: We match requests from our Unit Leaders for uniform items to our database or currently stored items. When a match is confirmed we arrange to get the items delivered free of charge.

FOURTH: When we are unable to match a request we do a canvasing within the Council. Failing that we go outside the Council. Rarely, we may need to purchase an item (Usually brand new from our Scout Shop) - the we will find a sponsor for that item.

FIFTH: Our purpose here is to expand our frame of reference as well as to partner with Scouters of like mind. We, of course, will reciprocate.

FINALLY: If you would care to email your specific needs (type, sizes, etc) to: elcapuniforms@jegrasa.com, we will add those needs to our ongoing search and contact you if we can make a match.

Yours in Scouting,

Jegrasa

#1 WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

#2 Please tell us a little about yourself, your unit, etc, i.e. an intro.

#3 Sometimes folks get upset when a person posts something, either selling stuff or asking for donations on their first post. Let's face it, we don't know you from Adam, and folks have abused BSA uniforms. If you're in the SF area, I bet you know what I'm talking about.

Sorry Eagle92, I haven't done many forums. Your point is well taken.

I am currently a long time Unit Commissioner (Arrowhead Honor Award) serving in the Central Valley of California. I am also serving as a District Camping Chairman and an Order of the Arrow Chapter Adviser. I have served in 2 Councils.I was a Scoutmaster for 10 years in my 1st Council. My total service spans some 35 years.

=================================================

We started our Uniform Bank to aid in the effort to get Scout young people uniformed properly in an era when people think the Official BSA uniform consists of a shirt with a few misplaced patches and a pair of "surfer's" shorts.

So, it's clear that I misspoke when I said: "We're low on stock." What I should have said is: "I'm looking for a particular size of Scout Uniform". Does anyone have a lead on one?"

In Scouting brotherhood,

Jegrasa