Hey,

I just had a court of honor to goto. Not for me just a few scouts where every single scout had to go. It was pretty cool.

The Chester County Scout Princepal person was there and he brought a gift for all the eagle scouts. It was an Eagle Feather with 12 beads representing the Scout Law. Is this what most eagle scouts get? If not what are some other things eagle scouts get?

Welcome to the campfire. Mostly what an

Eagle Scout gets is the satisfaction of earning the top award of scouting.

Some troops arrange certificates, memorial statements etc for the scout. Anything else is dependent on the council or what has been planned for the scout.

much fortune on the trail

yis

Hi, I'm a mugger. No, that not right -- I collect mugs. Over the years I've given most of our Eagle a BSA Eagle Scout mug. I personally consider attaining the rank of Eagle a special honor and many of the adults associated w/ our unit give similar gifts. (Eagle or NESA regalia.) The Eagle feather sounds really special. tleaders and scouts have rec'd Aeathe

Hi, I'm a mugger. No, that not right -- I collect mugs. Over the years I've given most of our Eagle a BSA Eagle Scout mug. I personally consider attaining the rank of Eagle a special honor and many of the adults associated w/ our unit give similar gifts. (Eagle or NESA regalia.) The Chester Co. Eagle feather sounds really special.

I'm sure what the boys received was a feather dyed to look like an Eagle feather, similar to those used to make indian costumes. Federal law prohibits anyone being in possesion of an actual Eagle feather. There is a tightly controlled exemption I believe for American Indians.

BW(This message has been edited by Bob White)

BW is correct. The federal statute is 50 CFR Sec. 22.22. In short:

Native Americans may apply for a permit to take, possess, or transport . . . bald or golden eagles, their parts, nests, or eggs . . . for religious purposes.

It is illegal for all others to possess a bald or golden eagle or any part thereof. There is actually a repository for eagles found dead from which most of the parts come.