Jambo Patch Trading Pecking Order

Its been years but I remember a high to low "pecking order" of the tradability of patches. Council Strips were first, followed by Scout Camp, then Camporees followed by anything with the council name on it. Older and rare was aways better. Last were the fund raising and patches with no indication of were they came from.

Since OA could only be traded by other OA members they were kinda on a league of their own.

Is this still the case? What are the hot patches this year?

My son got (via trading) a patch honoring Mr. Rogers! LOL!! and he got a patch commemorating the film "It's a Wonderful Life" ... I can't even imagine ... I think I'll need to see them to believe them!

Our Council's patches all have Garfield on them, and are going like hotcakes!

The Mr. Rogers patch is one of the popular ones. My son said the Marvel Comic books ones are a big hit, as are the Sobe ones from CT Rivers Council. Also popular are the Central Wyoming JSPs - they are beautiful patches with wildlife embroidered on them.

The Salt Lake City ones - dinosaurs and also the ones with the Olympic sports are a hit as well.

Blues Brothers JSPs continue to be coveted, too.

Pack391,

I am not real sure - but I think that the Scouts had to do an activity at the NASA Booth at Jambo to earn that patch.

My son briefly spoke of this patch last night when he phoned home. It may be hard to get if you weren't actually at the Jamboree.