Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

'Sixers' and 'Seconders'??? Huh?

#62 ianwilkins

ianwilkins

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:52 AM

In a Cub pack (aged 8-10 in the UK), of, say, 30 kids, they are split into "sixes", usually with, hey, around six kids in them. The "sixer" is the "patrol leader", and the "seconder" the assistant patrol leader". I'm not sure in reality how much power and authority they wield, it will certainly vary from pack to pack.

https://members.scou...ts/FS170056.pdf

Ian

#63 Cambridgeskip

Cambridgeskip

• Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:59 AM

Equivalent of PLs and APLs in Cubs!

We don't have dens in cubs in the UK. Instead (and actually I think most of the world?) we run a pack with typically 15-30 cubs at any one time which is divided into Sixes. As the name implies these are groups of typically 6 cubs across the cub age range (8-10.5) with each one having a sixer (PL equivalent) and a seconder (APL equivalent). A beaver Colony (6-8 year olds) will also typically, but not always, be divided into lodges with a Lodge Leader for each one. Of course at that age they don't have the same responsibilities as PLs but do things like buddy new cubs, break the flag, feed back from their sixes to leaders on program, look after their six box. That kind of thing. A six will typically sleep in the same tent on camp, one of our traditional heavy green canvas patrol tents.

#64 IHC

IHC

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:56 AM

I would like to thank y'all foreigners for discussing the mechanics of making these mixed gender potentialities work. It will benefit those who have to deal with the program changes--probably better than what BSA will come up with.

You shouldn't make any program changes. Do what you do, and if the girls like it, fine. Don't become something you're not because someone in head office tells you to.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq