Boy Dens - Girl Dens

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Wëlënakwsu

Wëlënakwsu

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

I've always wondered roughly what percent of Cub Scouts actually meet in Dens SEPERATLY and then attend a monthly Pack meeting.  In my urban District there are no truely seperate Den meetings.  All meet weekly as a Pack.  The 2 or 3 bigger, better Packs at least have Dens go to a different room or corner of a room for part of the meeting.

Reason I ponder this now...  In my District any CO registering girls will most likely not have SEPERATE girl or boy dens. 

Similar to Packs who do not have enough youth or adults for seperate Bear and Wolf Dens.

#22 Hawkwin

Hawkwin

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:50 AM

I've always wondered roughly what percent of Cub Scouts actually meet in Dens SEPERATLY and then attend a monthly Pack meeting.  In my urban District there are no truely seperate Den meetings.  All meet weekly as a Pack.  The 2 or 3 bigger, better Packs at least have Dens go to a different room or corner of a room for part of the meeting.

Reason I ponder this now...  In my District any CO registering girls will most likely not have SEPERATE girl or boy dens. 

Similar to Packs who do not have enough youth or adults for seperate Bear and Wolf Dens.

I think most of us will simply have anecdotal experience but my local unit always met as dens separately on a weekly basis (differently times, days and locations) and once a month as a pack. 

Edit: Fixed a typo.

Edited by Hawkwin, 13 October 2017 - 12:31 PM.

#23 qwazse

qwazse

• Members
  • 6707 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:59 AM

Our Pack has done it both on the same night in different rooms of a facility, and on different nights.

Now that I think of it, a CO could simply "ghost" the second pack, with exactly the same leadership dual-registered in the for-girls unit.

#24 numbersnerd

numbersnerd

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

Around here all Packs meet that way. The only time most dens see each other is at the monthly Pack meeting. Dens Meet at schools or the church when weather requires it, but otherwise in parks, outdoor areas, other places of interest. Fire or police stations, newspaper plant, tv news studio, community events, etc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq