First post, new to the forum.
I'm currently doing my Eagle Scout Project and let me say, it isn't as easy as you think. My project is quite simple but raising the money is the most challenging part.
What do you guys think about parents funding a whole project?
Some tips I'm learning...
1. Don't wait till after you finish to fill out the Plan section in the workbook!
2. Apply for A LOT grants, you won't get some, MANY companies offer them... I have just received a $75 gift card from a grocery store...
3. Ask for help while planning, you'll need it.
4. Get to your "worksite" EARLY don't be setting up as volunteers come. Sidenote: I volunteered at one in my Troop recently, and he had to keep going home and it was a big mess.
5. No one ever said you can't have help, some may say it has to be ALL you, but ask your parents for help even if they aren't involved in scouting. My mom has helped me find places to request donations.
6. Factor in purchasing food and water for your volunteers.
7. If you need to apply to grants and get donations, do it AT LEAST 6 weeks in advance of when you want the materials. That is my mistake I didn't do.
Let me know what you guys think and if this helps!