• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Col. Flagg

Col. Flagg

Robert E. Lee - Patriot

• Members
  • 1348 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:10 PM

Lol yeah they have to two recovery teams here the day off after four days of 14-18 hours. The worst thing now is the mosquitoes!! They are thicker than I've ever seen them...and that includes Northern Tier. Needed netting on the boats to even make moving folks possible. They spraying Monday to suppress any potential for West Nile.

Good luck with your work @Stosh.

#22 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 12183 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

Crickets

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

#23 KenD500

KenD500

Oh Great Bearded One

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:48 AM

Circle 10 has a bus of Scouts headed down there on Saturday to start mucking.

If you're local to DFW & want to help out, here's the sign up link with more info.

#24 Col. Flagg

Col. Flagg

Robert E. Lee - Patriot

• Members
  • 1348 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:05 AM

Circle 10 has a bus of Scouts headed down there on Saturday to start mucking.

If you're local to DFW & want to help out, here's the sign up link with more info.

If anyone goes wear long pants, long sleeve shirts, duct tape any gathers, get netting for your head. The mosquitoes are HORRENDOUS!!!

#25 Eagle1993

Eagle1993

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:00 AM

@Col Flag ... hope the locals are aggressive on those mosquitoes. I have family in Slidel LA and it took a long time for the Katrina inspired mosquitoes to subside. I'm not sure how aggressive they were with spraying after the hurricane (clearly other issues took priority). Great to hear your and other scouts good work. Stay safe!

#26 Col. Flagg

Col. Flagg

Robert E. Lee - Patriot

• Members
  • 1348 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:10 AM

@Col Flag ... hope the locals are aggressive on those mosquitoes. I have family in Slidel LA and it took a long time for the Katrina inspired mosquitoes to subside. I'm not sure how aggressive they were with spraying after the hurricane (clearly other issues took priority). Great to hear your and other scouts good work. Stay safe!

They are spraying for West Nile. It's a large are to cover.

#27 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 12183 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for coming, any help is urgently needed. I am doing hot-shot runs out of the Red Cross headquarters and there is help needed in every direction. If your mucking area is big, contact Red Cross for cleaning supplies. Ask for the bulk distribution lead in the district you are in. Houston HQ will know the district you are in by your location. If scouts want to organize and come help, I will try to get on the forum more often and do what I can do to help from this end.

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

#28 KenD500

KenD500

Oh Great Bearded One

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:49 AM

Circle Ten Council (Dallas area) is putting together another clean up trip to Houston for Scouts/Scouters.  Here's the link if interested.

Last Saturday, the group worked moving debris closer to the streets so the claw trucks could reach the piles.

#29 RememberSchiff

RememberSchiff

Your Friendly Neighborhood ModeratorMan

• Moderators
  • 2819 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

Circle Ten Council (Dallas area) is putting together another clean up trip to Houston for Scouts/Scouters.  Here's the link if interested.

Last Saturday, the group worked moving debris closer to the streets so the claw trucks could reach the piles.

From that link: What to bring:

Medical parts A &B, gloves, bug spray, water bottle, boots, long sleeve shirt

We will be mucking houses that were flooded so they can begin the rebuilding process.

Is Council providing respirator masks?

#30 Col. Flagg

Col. Flagg

Robert E. Lee - Patriot

• Members
  • 1348 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

We will be mucking houses that were flooded so they can begin the rebuilding process.

Doubt it. Our unit added those to the list to any Scout who was headed down. It's a must have.

#31 KenD500

KenD500

Oh Great Bearded One

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:26 AM

They provided masks.  

#32 RememberSchiff

RememberSchiff

Your Friendly Neighborhood ModeratorMan

• Moderators
  • 2819 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

They provided masks.  

Glad to hear.  Thanks.

#33 Col. Flagg

Col. Flagg

Robert E. Lee - Patriot

• Members
  • 1348 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

Masks? Or respirator masks? My guys said they saw the former not the latte...at least not widely used.

#34 krikkitbot

krikkitbot

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:02 AM

I have not had any luck contacting individual units. Do you think it would be ok to send donations to Sam Houston headquarters? Our troop donated some items and gift cards that I would like to send out. 

#35 Col. Flagg

Col. Flagg

Robert E. Lee - Patriot

• Members
  • 1348 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

I have not had any luck contacting individual units. Do you think it would be ok to send donations to Sam Houston headquarters? Our troop donated some items and gift cards that I would like to send out.

I would hope they'd accept that. Very nice of you.

#36 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 12183 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:53 PM

Claw trucks are out already. The Texans are cleaning up really fast. If the scouts don't hurry, they will end up with very little to do. Insurance companies are all over the place and contractors are on the job. Out lying areas where the waters receded slower, could probably need the help. Last I heard, the Beaumont area is still struggling.

Stosh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq