Class B Guidelines

If you use BSA trademarked images or phrases the vendor of the tshirts must be licensed.  (http://licensingbsa.org/)

Lots of vendors to choose from (I use Advantage Emblem) but if you want to have a local shop do it they'll need to do some paperwork.

Licensed vendors have people to help with design issues.  I have only encountered two things with my designs 

1) they sometimes want (but sometimes dont) the copyright and trademark symbols.  

2) one of my logos uses the "BSA version" of a fluer dis le that is partially covered by another image.  On this they require that I put an additional FDL that is not covered.  They have always been satisfied with a tiny version in a color that mostly blends into the background.

Are there any official BSA guidelines as to images, terminology, symbols, etc. that are allowed or not allowed on Class B t-shirts?  Thanks!

They will use the BSA approved artwork for the logos and trademarked stuff. Most anything else that would be Scoutike gets approved.

Thank you both for the feedback.  We're going with a "less-is-more" approach, so shouldn't run into any copyright/trademark issues.  Once we have the final version of the t-shirt mocked up, does BSA need to approve it?

No. Class B has preapproved BSA artwork they will use for those design elements. They may ask you about other design elements if you own the copyright.

Thank you both for the feedback.  We're going with a "less-is-more" approach, so shouldn't run into any copyright/trademark issues.  Once we have the final version of the t-shirt mocked up, does BSA need to approve it?

Only if there is BSA trademarks, will the fabricator need approval.

Our class b (no affliation with company) shirts just say Troop NN, Our Town on front and big NN number on back. Less than $8 in a moisture-wicking, quick-dry  synthetic material.

Edited by RememberSchiff