I received this note from my council yesterday. FINALLY we have online registration. I hope this means we can CHANGE applications (e.g., SM to ASM, ASM to TC).
Is this just my council that is rolling this out?
Scouting families and prospective Scouting families have asked for it, and now it is here!
Beginning this fall, the traditional paper registration method will not be the only way to join Scouting. This is a giant leap forward in allowing prospective members and leaders to register in a way that's convenient for them, and it creates a more efficient and user-friendly registration experience for units, districts, and councils.
In an effort to assist our units with this new registration tool, we will be sending an email each Thursday which will focus on an individual aspect of the tool. These bite-sized chunks of information should ease the transition our units will be making to utilize this online tool.
The online registration system is designed to make it easy for families to join Scouting. They can find a unit, if they do not already have one in mind, or apply to the unit of their choice. The system walks them through the entire application and payment process. If there is an application or lead to be processed, the unit Key 3 will receive a notification in their My.Scouting inbox once a day letting them know they have actions to take.WHAT DOES THE REGISTRATION TOOL DO?
There are three parts to the tool:
- Electronic application that collects all of the data needed to register in a unit
- Allows the applicant (if over 18) or the applicant’s parent to provide a digital signature
- Includes online credit card payment
2. The Application Manager:
- Collects completed applications from new youth and adults;*
- Allows the unit leader/Key 3 to review the youth application and either accept the application with an electronic signature or send the application to the district so that they can place the youth in a different unit;
- Allows the committee chair to review the adult application and make recommendations for adult positions; and
- Allows the chartered organization representative (CR) to review and accept or reject the application with their electronic signature, or refer the application to the district for placement in a different unit.
3. Invitation Manager:
- Collects information from potential new Scouts for your unit from BeAScout.org
- Helps you manage leads from joining nights and from individual referrals
- Allows you to send invitations directly to interested families with a link to the application that is specific to your unit
* Youth and adults who use this system should be new to Scouting or be currently registered in a unit and applying to multiple in a different unit than the one in which they are currently registered. This system is not designed to register non-paying adult positions, position changes in the same unit, or youth or adult renewals.