Do you use any pack software?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 beaglelover

beaglelover

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Been researching, but wanted some opinions.  What does you pack do for an online presence for your pack.  I know there are several advancement software options (e.g. Scoutbook) but I am less concerned about tracking advancement and more interested in a one-stop shop for parents to see the schedule, contact the leadership, find forms, and maybe even pay online.  Communication and organization were a huge issue last year, and we are wondering if some online site might work better than what we have been doing.  

#2 RememberSchiff

RememberSchiff

Your Friendly Neighborhood ModeratorMan

• Moderators
  • 2819 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

How large is your pack?

"Communication and organization were a huge issue last year" - my experience this is usually a people issue not a tech issue. We have phones (land and wireless), texting, email, faxes, FB, a website, apps, FTF meetings, XBox Live, ....and our communication and organization was still bad. :blink:

#3 beaglelover

beaglelover

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

Last year it was about 30.  Our only official communication from the pack was a once a month email newsletter.  Pretty much nothing else other than the occasional right before the event email with details.  Led to a lot of confused parents asking what was going on, esp. if they accidentally deleted the email.  Further more, the pack did not have a dedicated email list serve or similar for the parents or leadership, so people were frequently left off emails.  It was disorganized enough the one den was actually left behind when we went on a pack field trip b/c no one told them the pack was going on a field trip.  They showed up to have their meeting to an empty building.  

#4 Back Pack

Back Pack

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:21 AM

Last year it was about 30.  Our only official communication from the pack was a once a month email newsletter.  Pretty much nothing else other than the occasional right before the event email with details.  Led to a lot of confused parents asking what was going on, esp. if they accidentally deleted the email.  Further more, the pack did not have a dedicated email list serve or similar for the parents or leadership, so people were frequently left off emails.  It was disorganized enough the one den was actually left behind when we went on a pack field trip b/c no one told them the pack was going on a field trip.  They showed up to have their meeting to an empty building.

MyPack/SOAR has a ton of communications and automated features for managing your Pack.

#5 scooterdog

scooterdog

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:04 AM

Hi - our pack is another MyPack/SOAR user here. Email mailing lists are a breeze to setup and maintain, members could be marked as 'inactive' should they drop out but can be also easily re-activated. We have a password-protected site where photos are shared, announcements are made, and even events can be paid for by a linked PayPal account. Support has been outstanding, very responsive to requests.

Last summer when I did due diligence on the alternatives (including - yikes - a mashup of Google Groups, Signup Genius, Facebook and Google Docs) I wrote up a review of the three leading contenders. PM me with your email and I'll be happy to send it to you.

#6 fred johnson

fred johnson

• Members
  • 1559 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:35 AM

MyPack/SOAR has a ton of communications and automated features for managing your Pack.

Also using SOAR in multiple units.  Great tool for managing weekly emails, email lists, calendar, roster, sign-ups, etc.  It's not an advancement tracking tool, but it's really well setup for a unit committee to have the right infrastructure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq