• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 RememberSchiff

RememberSchiff

Your Friendly Neighborhood ModeratorMan

• Moderators
  • 2509 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

Simply because someone doesn't understand the usefulness of something, or doesn't use it themselves does not mean it isn't useful to others. Very little is actually necessary, so to use required as the threshold for usefulness or whether it should exist is hardly compelling.

#DitchTheNeckerchief

:)

Edited by RememberSchiff, 24 April 2017 - 04:36 PM.

#22 Chadamus

Chadamus

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

So post #3 was right! May I have my MB now counselor Stosh?  :)

#23 Sentinel947

Sentinel947

• Moderators
  • 1524 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:29 PM

Don't misunderstand. I *know* what they are for. I just don't get why something like that is necessary. I don't "get" Twitter. I couldn't care less that you are in line at Starbucks and someone cut in front of you, or that you think a certain cat video is cool. No offense, but no one is THAT interesting.

I'm in the minorities of millenials that doesn't use twitter. But as you know, twitter popularized the # because it helps their algorithims tracking. No other reason.

I don't use Twitter because I rarely put my thoughts out on facebook, so why add another service I won't use.

Edited by Sentinel947, 24 April 2017 - 06:30 PM.

#24 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11809 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

So post #3 was right! May I have my MB now counselor Stosh?  :)

Stop by the house and cook a meal for me, make sure you figure in the cost of the meal and mileage to get here and when you're done I have a couple of patches you can sew on my uniform.  THEN you can have the MB.  :)

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

#25 Chadamus

Chadamus

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

You might be surprised at how appealing thay sounds. Cuppa joe around a campfire with some stories would make for a great time.

#26 Back Pack

Back Pack

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:10 AM

I'm in the minorities of millenials that doesn't use twitter. But as you know, twitter popularized the # because it helps their algorithims tracking. No other reason.
I don't use Twitter because I rarely put my thoughts out on facebook, so why add another service I won't use.

When I was a kid (under 18) my parents would not let me use social media. I am very glad they did. Now I am old enough to deal with it and only use FB. I only friend people i actually know. Thanks to Scouts i can cook, sew, manage my time and finances, and can lead (or is that manage?). For all that i thank Scouting and my family. #noneedforadulting

#27 perdidochas

perdidochas

• Members
  • 2163 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

Well, I thought the purpose of BSA was to prepare our Scouts to be adults.  

#28 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11809 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:06 PM

That's why I posted the video, it's an all-important opportunity we have with other people's kids.  Especially those parents who haven't figured out how to be good parent/adult role models.

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq