Seabase

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 revdmv

revdmv

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

We were shut out two years in a row in the lottery, but picked up our Sea Base week this last year after it was turned back in. Start looking each day after the initial deposit is due and be flexible about when you can go. 

Sea Base has the lowest number of slots of any of the HA sites, and the case of the diving adventures there are only a couple dozen total.

From what I hear Philmont is now pretty easy and NT is almost sign up and go.

#22 mashmaster

mashmaster

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

We are totally bummed out here.  For the 9th straight year, we have NOT received a spot at Sea Base.  Thank God we are not betting the farm on this lottery.  We would all be homeless! I am beginning to wonder if the lottery is the best way to go.  I wonder if it could be adjusted so that troops who do not get a spot one year had an advantage in the lottery the following year.   I know units that have gotten a spot 4 years in a row.  Any ideas?  Just doesn't seem fair.  Now to disappoint my scouts again, but start planning a different adventure for 2018.

Dale

I am sorry, that sucks.  I am sure you filled out it out correctly.  Did you apply for multiple adventures with the options of 10 different dates for each?  

#23 eagle90

eagle90

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

Yes, Mashmaster we signed up for about 8 different dates and still were shut out.  Very frustrating.

#24 Col. Flagg

Col. Flagg

Robert E. Lee - Patriot

• Members
  • 1348 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

Yes, Mashmaster we signed up for about 8 different dates and still were shut out.  Very frustrating.

See my post. It should work.

#25 mashmaster

mashmaster

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

See my post. It should work.

I did Col. Flagg and it worked, thank you.  Eagle, I am sorry you didn't get a slot.   Maybe one of the open dates will work for your crew or a crew won't pay.  Fingers crossed for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq