• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Col. Flagg

Col. Flagg

Robert E. Lee - Patriot

• Members
  • 1415 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:01 PM

Who out there gets that kind of treatment from the BSA?

I have similar experiences. If I volunteer above my unit I get ridden hard, put away wet and someone else takes all the credit. That's fine, I am not in it for the knots, silver furry animals or the accolades. But I don't go back for a second riding either. I'll stick with my unit...or use the time to binge watch Vikings!

#22 beaglelover

beaglelover

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for all the replies, gave us some things to think about.  Had been mostly thinking about the boys, but I understand and agree about the commit to the CO as well.  

Also, yes, have owned beagles as pets.  Super cute and great with everybody, kids included.  But they pretty much suck at obedience. 

#23 blw2

blw2

Troop Treasurer

• Members
  • 2019 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

yes Stosh, but I never tried to dump on the DL's... that was my point about protecting them...or trying to.  I just needed them there to coordinate things....like at the pack meeting so that the skits would run smoothly without the 5 minute dead time delay while the DL teaches his guys the skit on the fly and I stand there trying to do a song and dance because I had no idea they were going to need that.....  that sort of thing....

I have similar experiences. If I volunteer above my unit I get ridden hard, put away wet and someone else takes all the credit. That's fine, I am not in it for the knots, silver furry animals or the accolades. But I don't go back for a second riding either. I'll stick with my unit...or use the time to binge watch Vikings!

Yeah, i binged watched Vikings to the point they had up on amazon prime a few months back.   Good show!

What I'm doing now is starting to think through some backpacking trips and considering getting back into that.... if the scouts won't go, maybe I will!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users