Den Mother Patch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gwaihir

Gwaihir

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:42 PM

If a female Den Leader were so inclined as to favor "Den Mother" over "Den Leader", would the round position patch still be wearable on the uniform?  

#2 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11747 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

Good question.  I am a historian and it has been my philosophy that one wears the patch to match the era of the uniform.  My 1910 uniform has no patches, but it does have BSA collar brass.  My 1960's uniform has the silver and green SM patch and Community Strips instead of council patches. If the gals want to get the old yellow shirts and use the old patches, so be it.  Not a problem with me.

Edited by Stosh, 21 February 2017 - 01:46 PM.

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

#3 qwazse

qwazse

• Members
  • 6220 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

And I, being a revolutionary, believe we would do well give only Den Mother/Father patches to adults, dispense with Den Chiefs, and have Scouts and Venturers be the Den Leaders. :ph34r:

#4 Ankylus

Ankylus

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

This is a classic uniform issue for me where I would be so glad they are volunteering their time that I wouldn't care about that uniform difference. If the Pack could get one for her, fine. If she gets one herself, fine. She's happy, I'm happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq