• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11809 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:15 PM

My mistake, I didn't realize it had become the patrol cheer. 

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

#42 frankpalazzi

frankpalazzi

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

Wow.  That was really not helpful and kind of mean spirited to be honest.  I'm sorry I asked.

There are 4 of them moving as a patrol and they have been arguing among themselves for several weeks about the best patrol yell.  I thought if I had a few fresh ideas for them maybe they could all agree and get started on the right foot.

And FYI our troop patrols use their yell at the end of every meeting.

Wow. Just plain Wow.

#43 TAHAWK

TAHAWK

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:53 AM

Unless they know the reason for the yell, what's the point?  In all my years of Scouting no one has been able to have a patrol yell for any other reason than for meeting a useless requirement.

Not a college football fan.

Can I get a "ROLL TIDE ROLL !!"

"GO BUCKS !!"

https://youtu.be/rjRxdrg9BtU?t=99

#44 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11809 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

I guess I just define yell more as a yell one would give to get someone's attention than a cheer to excite others.    It would be interesting which is the preferred definition from early Scouting.  From my research it is more to catch another's attention without disturbing the rest of nature.  If one gave a wolf call or a bird call or some animal call as a yell to alert others in the patrol, it might not scare off the nature that the scout wishes to point out.

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

#45 TAHAWK

TAHAWK

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

"patrol yell, cheer, or call"  

See "Roll Tide Roll"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq