Yes but my Dad verified. Like many Mom she reminisced on my birthday.

Well, my humorous (?) point was that anything your mother, or father, or anyone else, has ever said to you on your birthday, they were saying it to you on April Fool's Day.   :)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@@RichardB, this thread exists because a number of councils are telling their volunteers about a policy change and linking to a memo that is online that YOU apparently wrote.  You did write it, didn't

Our council has a Tour Plan Coordinator.   He name is Helen Weight.    That is who we tell folks to go to.

This sort of reminds me of a bit from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:     The sad part here is that the real-life communications abilities of BSA and its councils are reminding me of a work

This sort of reminds me of a bit from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

ARTHUR: But what was wrong with your planet? 

CAPTAIN: Well it was doomed - as I said. Apparently it was going to crash into the sun. Or was it the moon that was going to crash into us? 

NUMBER ONE: No, no, I thought it was that the planet was more or less bound to be invaded by a gigantic swarm of twelve-foot piranha bees. 

NUMBER TWO: No, no, no. That’s not what I was told! My commanding officer swore blind that the entire planet was in imminent danger of being eaten by an enormous mutant star goat.

The sad part here is that the real-life communications abilities of BSA and its councils are reminding me of a work of satirical fiction.

• Upvote 3

Apparently Council posted that 'Yes, of course it is real' and implied I was stupid for asking. I don't know why I care I never filled one out anyway.

Our CC, who is a lawyer, said he will send them in to Council as a CYA even if it goes unread and if the new policy says 'no'.

Apparently Council posted that 'Yes, of course it is real' and implied I was stupid for asking. I don't know why I care I never filled one out anyway.

Our CC, who is a lawyer, said he will send them in to Council as a CYA even if it goes unread and if the new policy says 'no'.

Ours said the same thing...and he sells shoes.

• Upvote 1

Our council website right now

Here is a repository of the latest official versions of popular forms available to download. To obtain an up-to-date and official copy of any other Scouting form not listed below, contact the council service center.

. . .

Unit Planning Resources

. . .

Tour and Activity plan link-html.gif

Tour and Activity Plan FAQs

Q. Why should I complete a tour and activity plan? 
A. The tour and activity plan is a planning tool for best practices to be prepared for safe and fun adventure. Completing the plan may not address all possible challenges, but it can help ensure that appropriate planning has been conducted, that qualified and trained leadership is in place, and that the right equipment is available for the adventure.

In addition, the plan helps to organize safe and appropriate transportation to and from an event, and defines driver qualifications and minimum limits of insurance coverage for drivers and vehicles used to transport participants.

Please complete and submit this plan at least 21 days in advance (check with your local council) to ensure your council has enough time to review the plan and assist as necessary.

Q. When do I need to complete a tour and activity plan? 
A. Times when a tour and activity plan must be submitted for council review include the following:

• Trips of 500 miles or more; or
  • Trips outside of council borders (exception: not to your council-owned property); or . . . .
Edited by TAHAWK

Mentioned this to my SE and he was not aware of any of this.

Provided links and his statement was "I guess tour plans are going away"  DUH!!!! is there no one you could call and ask?

Maybe he was hoping the new all-in-one Scouting channel (ScoutingWire) might actually carry that type of important news, rather than who is taking over various council positions. As it anyone outside of those councils would even care. Maybe the Scouting.org website would carry it? An internal memo to all CE to be sent to all districts?

[crickets]