Philmont Training Center Faculty

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 4CouncilsScouter

4CouncilsScouter

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

Quick question for those who are Philmont Training Center savvy or are former PTC faculty: when do you find out if you've been selected for faculty?

I was at a council event over the weekend, and my council Scout executive mentioned he had a letter pass his desk about myself "teaching at Philmont". Having only gone through NAYLE and a membership course previously, I wonder what course could I be asked to teach.

Any thoughts or insight is appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Deaf Scouter

Deaf Scouter

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

Did you attend a course a the Philmont Training Center?  If not, could be someone that knew you and attended there and recommended you.  Did your SE get back to you after that initial conversation?

#3 4CouncilsScouter

4CouncilsScouter

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:47 PM

Deaf Scouter,

I did attend a course this last summer. It was a membership training. Since the first conversation, I haven't heard anything from my SE since that conversation. I'm heading out to a region meeting next week. I'm gonna see what information I can dig up.

If anything, any insight to the life of a PTC faculty member and what its like would be greatly appreciated! 

#4 RichardB

RichardB

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

The staff advisors / course directors / owners select the faculty members.    Those who are selected get a copy of the faculty guide with their request to register.   RichardB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq