• 2544 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:15 AM

HEY!  What's weird about Narwhals?  Just because they're marine mammals?   :p

#23 revdmv

revdmv

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:23 PM

Well, we've had the Biohazard, and the Flaming Squirrels. Along with the Pokemon Patrol, The Regular Patrol (Regular Show inspired). Usually the NSP names morph three or four times prior to settling into one that that works or them.

#24 Oldscout448

Oldscout448

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:55 AM

Remembered another odd one from long ago  The  Screaming  Yellow  Zonkers!   

Their patrol patch was the Rolling Stones Logo but they never would explain why to anyone who was not in the patrol

#25 5yearscouter

5yearscouter

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:42 PM

Cannibal patrol.  Patrol yell was chanting forks and spoons over and over with an ending about humans being the other white meat.

Currently we have the Blue moon patrol, which is the collection of the oldest guys in high school, most are eagles already.  Not named after the beer, instead named because they are the guys that joke about all of them showing up to the troop meetings once in a blue moon.  they were going to be something about being the back up patrol cause they are the back up plan to always make things happen if any of the green bars don't show to a meeting or outing.

not always so politically correct, the border patrol.

pink kitty patrol

bronies patrol

#26 cchoat

cchoat

District Commissioner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:35 PM

If that was my patrol (~1985-1987) SCCC, we had a UPC barcode drawn with a sharpie on the blank batch.  Flag was also plain white with a UPC barcode drawn on.

Had a "Generic patrol" in the troop two years ago.  They got creative.  Their patrol flag was a white flag with the words "Insert Design here" in the center.  Their motto was "Insert motto here" and they used a blank patrol patch 

"Let not the uniform police get you down."

#27 TAHAWK

TAHAWK

• Members
  • 2544 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

0 1

(Digital Patrol)

#28 Ankylus

Ankylus

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:08 PM

The most creative patrol name I have encountered was not so much a patrol name as the patrol yell it engendered. We had a Ninja patrol, whose patrol yell was to stand around mutely because, you know, a Ninja is silent.

#29 Oldscout448

Oldscout448

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

The most creative patrol name I have encountered was not so much a patrol name as the patrol yell it engendered. We had a Ninja patrol, whose patrol yell was to stand around mutely because, you know, a Ninja is silent.

Ah, but could you ever see them?

#30 SSScout

SSScout

• Members
  • 3905 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:20 AM

Oldscout:   If everyone is dressed the same (uniform), they have succeeded in blending in to the background! 

#31 NJCubScouter

NJCubScouter

• Moderators
  • 5478 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

Oldscout:   If everyone is dressed the same (uniform), they have succeeded in blending in to the background! 

Unless they are still wearing the red shoulder loops, then they stand out like a flashing beacon.  Or so some people seem to think. 

#32 Oldscout448

Oldscout448

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

I have a troop nearby who still wears the red berets from the '70s.  .  The scouts refused to give them up.

#33 Ankylus

Ankylus

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:54 PM

I have a troop nearby who still wears the red berets from the '70s.  .  The scouts refused to give them up.

That was the official headgear when I was a youth. And how I hated them...the most useless piece of headwear yet devised.  I wouldn't join that troop for that very reason.

#34 blw2

blw2

Troop Treasurer

• Members
  • 1869 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:21 AM

so my son tells me the other day that his patrol wants to change their name to "Illuminati".... I'm scratching my head on that one.... where are they getting this stuff from???

Currently they are "Cyber Ducks" but that was not by consensus and the scout pushing that one dropped out.

#35 TAHAWK

TAHAWK

• Members
  • 2544 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:46 AM

Google is your friend.

#36 TAHAWK

TAHAWK

• Members
  • 2544 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

That was the official headgear when I was a youth. And how I hated them...the most useless piece of headwear yet devised.  I wouldn't join that troop for that very reason.

Not from up here, are 'ya?   :D

#37 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11372 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

Hmmm, I have a garrison cap, a beret, an expedition hat and a campaign hat.  I hate baseball caps, they are as useless as the garrison and beret styles. My expedition hat has both Philmont brands on the brim as well as the Centennial Jamboree brand.  It has been worn at least once a week since I bought it in 1993...... that's now just under 25 years.....

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

#38 Chadamus

Chadamus

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:55 PM

I have . . . hair. :)

#39 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11372 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:52 PM

An empty shed doesn't need a good roof.... :)

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

#40 Oldscout448

Oldscout448

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:57 PM

I have . . . hair. :)

For now... ;)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq