Hello

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BSMet94

BSMet94

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:45 AM

Hi.  I'm new to the forum and new to scouting.  Actually, I was in Cub Scouts nearly 40 years ago, but I've forgotten about that.  My son is 11 and just joined a local Boy Scout troop.  I joined as well as an adult member.  I'm going to sign up as a merit badge counselor.  The one I'm very qualified for is Mining in Society, but I doubt I'll get many takers here in Southern California.

#2 Col. Flagg

Col. Flagg

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:50 PM

I am new too. I just found out about this site. Am a volunteer parent in a troop and about to be a volunteer parent in a new crew forming. Excited to see what others have to say about scout stuff.

#3 pchadbo

pchadbo

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:04 PM

Welcome to the virtual campfire! Grab a cuppa, keep your sense of humor and have fun!

#4 The Latin Scot

The Latin Scot

part Latino, part Scottish ... get it?

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:04 PM

Hey, welcome to the forums - where in Southern California? From South Orange County here; glad to have you aboard!

Hearken world, and listen up! There is no such word as "Webelo." If your son is an older Cub Scout, he is NOT a "Webelo!"

The singular of Webelos Scout is ... WEBELOS SCOUT!  That's it! Please take the extra half second and get it right! Thank you for indulging my little pet peeve!

Did I mention my obnoxious OCD?  :D 

#5 JasonG172

JasonG172

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:11 PM

Welcome guys!  Thank You for your service

#6 krypton_son

krypton_son

All Around Troublemaker

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:12 PM

Welcome aboard, I just found my way here myself.  I joined Cub Scouts in 86 and never looked back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq