Greetings from the Cradle of Liberty!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KeystoneCubmaster

KeystoneCubmaster

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:08 PM

I am the Cubmaster for a new Pack we founded at my church about six months ago.  I am new to Scouting as well, and never thought I would have time to be involved, but my boys love it.

Looking forward to getting closer to them through Scouting, and learning a lot myself along the way!

#2 meyerc13

meyerc13

Roundtable Commissioner

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

Welcome!  As a dad who just finished a three year stint as Cubmaster - it's a blast.  I will admit there were times that were stressful, but by the time I left our Pack was working like a well oiled machine and I was having fun in the role.  As long as you remember what's on the job description for Cubmaster, and what isn't, and try to avoid getting tasked with too many of the things that aren't part of the job, then you should do fine.  When you start doing too many of the Committee's roles you'll find yourself no longer having fun.  The key to this role is delegation and clear roles for all adults in the Pack.

Hope to see you down in the Cub Scouting forum, we need more discussion down there. 

Yours in Scouting,

Chris Meyer

Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner 2015-Present

Lion Guide 2016-Present

Cubmaster 2013-2016

Father of a Boy Scout 2016-Present

#3 qwazse

qwazse

• Members
  • 6307 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:36 AM

Welcome! And thanks in advance for all you'll do for the boys.

#4 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Erinaceomorpha Erinaceidae Member

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:09 PM

Welcome neighbor -- from a former Cubmaster, Current Assistant Scoutmaster and Venturing Advisor and future Scoutmaster in the Washington's Crossing Council.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq