- Scoutbook communication is internal focused as it requires using the scoutbook web pages to communicate. People need to be able to communicate from their native tools. Outlook. Android phone texting and email. As such, scoutbook needs automatically maintained distribution lists and unique addresses for the troops to communicate.
- Need place to post announcements that are part of the troop home page.
- Need ability to automatically group and send announcements, ideally weekly.
- Listing it as "Beta" might be a reason I have not looked at it much.
- We often update from computer web pages and the user interface from a web page looks overly cutsey and clumsy as it's laid out for a phone interface.
- I mention the look and feel as it took away my confidence and did not investigate it as much as I needed to do.
- Need ability automatically email calendar.
- Need ability to print out a nice formatted calendar to hand to prospective members to show them our plans.
- Features - Lacking reports. Need clean concise report that I can print and hand to trip leaders.
- Features - Lacking reports. Can't emphasize this enough.
- Report useful for treasurer to archive with financial records.
- Report useful for trip leader to take with that has phone numbers and names.
- Even if the phone app workds well, trip coordinators will still want paper as the fall back. I would never leave on a trip without the attendee roster.
- Report useful to hand into camp or council as the roster of our attendees
- Features - Need ability to record COMMENTS PER PERSON. Many people when signing up for event have comments related to when they arrive or special needs. Our current system we also use to record check numbers of payment
- Features - Need ability to explain COST(scout cost, adult cost, guest cost, etc)
- Features - Need ability to record GUESTS that are attending.
- Features - Need ability to have an sign-up CLOSED date.
- Features - Need ability to LOCK attendee list to only be updated by assigned maintainer.
Easy data entry
- I tried to pull up and enter data Monday night at troop meeting. It suffered from spinner of death. Seems like every click requires the spinner to come up and a full refresh.
- I had a parent waiting right next to me and all we wanted to do is see her training record. She said she completed training and we were stuck just viewing. I wanted to re-sync, but I could not get that far. It would not ever bring up the summary page for training. She left. It cost me credibility when I said I could pull that right up and ScoutBook just sat and spun.
- My experience Monday re-emphasized that I need paper copies ideally or downloaded copies of everything minimum.
- Advancement often occurs as a group. Everyone completed brown sea. Everyone did ... So low level requirements need to be able to be entered as a group. I have not found the ability yet to set low level rank or MB requirements for a set of people. We were able to do that in TroopTrack.
ScoutBook looks really nice from my phone, but it's not as nice to use on a 24" computer screen.
Edited by fred johnson, 23 September 2016 - 09:53 AM.