Compass Emblem and point pins

So am a new Advancement Coordinator for our pack. When I took this position the previous coordinator handed me a big bin of old and new pins/badges/belt loops etc. Since then I have been trying to sort through all of this and separate old program from new. I got to the compass emblems and points and I'm not sure if this was continued into the new program or not. It appears that it hasn't, but I wanted to be sure before I relegated them to the storage closet bin lol.

Welcome to the forum!  The map and compass activities were part of the "Cub Scout Academics" track which has been discontinued and many of the various requirements have been assigned to new places within the new activity tracks.  Hopefully, you can figure out something to do with these things rather than let them collect dust in a storage closet or find a home in a landfill. 

So am a new Advancement Coordinator for our pack. When I took this position the previous coordinator handed me a big bin of old and new pins/badges/belt loops etc. Since then I have been trying to sort through all of this and separate old program from new. I got to the compass emblems and points and I'm not sure if this was continued into the new program or not. It appears that it hasn't, but I wanted to be sure before I relegated them to the storage closet bin lol.

Welcome to the forum!  One can use them as prizes for awards one could make. 

Old program.  The compass was for earning four additional activity badges after the three required for Webelos in the old program.  Now, the minimum to earn Webelos is seven, plus seven more for Arrow of Light, so there is less liklihood of a boy earning four more beyond the minimum.

I like Calico's idea.   Ask the CSDC people , they might have some "Special" awards you could make up with the Cub Bling.  We have done such before.  Also, your RoundTable Commisher might like them for the same purpose.  

Some plywood, varnish (or poly eurothane) a few stick on letters, presto!  "Star of the Pack"   ,  " Compass to Follow" ....