@@Stosh, I'm really sorry to see you go, I hope it's temporary.

I don't always agree with everything you post, but I have always values your point of view. I firmly believe your contributions to this forum have made me a better scouter!

You will be missed.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stosh, you Blankity Blank, I almost sent you a login and password for the Lurkers forum, where I'm hanging out.   A side note that should on no way be considered a contribution: My 16 year old Cath

Awwww, Stosh,    Take a vacation,  hike the trail a little.    Come back when you want.  Always a log with your name on it by this crackerbarrel....

All I can say is that if there are offensive private messages being sent, they have not been brought to the attention of this moderator.

We have all had the opportunity to walk the solitude of nature's most precious gift.  The flower laden meadows, the mountain-top vistas, the verdant forest shadows.  Those are special moments.

On occasion we will meet a fellow traveler and if they join up on your trail heading the same way something magical seems to take place.  If they are burdened with a pack carrying a walking stick they are immediately seen as something special to share all of this nature with.  The laughter, the insights, the campfires at night, the communion of a shared can of beans keep the moments burning deeply in one's memory.  It doesn't matter where they are from or even where they are going.  For a brief moment in time they merely share in one's life.

It is inevitable that somewhere down the trail it will split and the company we share will go our different ways.  Until then we make the most of what we have, enjoy each others company and even if for a brief moment bond in a common quest...the trail.     

Soon that fork in the trail is there in the trail and one must bid a farewell to a fellow traveler.  It leaves a hole where joy, comfort, safety, and even love seemed to taken residence.  But now it's gone.  Everything about that person has taken another trail and one is again left in the solitude of a single trail.  The flowers don't seem to be as brilliant as they once were, the vistas not so grand, the forests seem dark in shadow.  There is no one there to share it with and it isn't quite the same.  These holes left in our soul long for someone or something to fill them, but until we happenstance another traveler, it is lonely.  Maybe trails were not meant to be traveled alone.

Maybe the trail isn't what is important.  Maybe the goal is not pretty flowers or mountain-top experiences or the solitude of gentle forests.  Maybe it's the people that make those things important.  Maybe we are to leave a trace in each fellow traveler's life....  Maybe when they leave a piece of them with me, I'm leaving a piece of me with them.   I hope I gave them my best.

Happy April 1st

• Upvote 1

Stosh, that's a good one!  Haha

I got home from work and read your "swan song."   I couldn't quite comprehend it.   Over the years, you've sparred with some of the best at scouter.com (long 15 round bouts), yet some PMs would drive you away?   It didn't add up.  

So, well back!

Common kids, the sun'll come out tomorrow?

I didn't do any pranking of my own. So, I decided to nudge Stosh's along for the remainder of the day! It was a tough call: "build" or "bust" on it? Figured I'd leave one small crumb in case someone more responsible than the lot of us was in a funk of excessive soul-searching. :) Edited by qwazse
  • Upvote 1

With my reputation, I kinda figured it would have been obvious.  With all the kind comments being made I actually started feeling guilty about it.  That's why I ended with a Happy April 1st, I kinda felt the fool on this one.  Well, I have a whole year to get over it.  :)

• Upvote 1

I'm breaking my vow never to participate in I&P but I have to admit publicly that even after that April 1st note I STILL didn't get it. You really had me.

I can be taught but sometimes it takes a while. OK, now back to my vows.

Edited by vumbi

I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Maybe it's because I work in a profession where people don't play pranks much, because if they do it usually costs somebody money, or worse. Only in my "online life" (which is basically this and Wikipedia) was yesterday April Fool's Day. Even my son doesn't prank me anymore, after he got me once on Annual Talk Like a Pirate Day. (Suddenly our home computer had an odd penchant for the letter Ahhrrr.)

Stosh, you Blankity Blank, I almost sent you a login and password for the Lurkers forum, where I'm hanging out.

A side note that should on no way be considered a contribution:

My 16 year old Catholic school daughter got me good by leaving a pregnancy test in her trash...

• Upvote 4

With my reputation, I kinda figured it would have been obvious.  With all the kind comments being made I actually started feeling guilty about it.  That's why I ended with a Happy April 1st, I kinda felt the fool on this one.  Well, I have a whole year to get over it.  :)

My statements still stand, but I have always been a pretty literal (and gullible) person.

Besides, after the exit of Bad Wolf's account last year - I could have/did believe it.