Scouting Rediscovered

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 archimago

archimago

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:35 AM

A couple of weeks ago, I ran across this great blog called Scouting Rediscovered, which is run by an Eagle Scout who has dedicated a considerable amount of time to poring over seminal writings from Scouting's past (particularly those of B-P, GBB, and John Thurman) in an effort to foster a return to the sources of Scouting. His series on "Keystones of a Scout: The Ten Virtues that Make a Scout" and "Traditional Scouting 101" are particularly exemplary. Anyway, just thought I'd pass this resource along for anyone who hasn't yet seen it, as I think his philosophy of Scouting will resonate with many who post here. The guy definitely deserves the traffic!

#2 Sentinel947

Sentinel947

• Moderators
  • 1560 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:21 AM

Enoch does a wonderful job with ​Scouting Rediscovered

#3 jr56

jr56

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

Great link, thanks for sharing.

#4 The Latin Scot

The Latin Scot

part Latino, part Scottish ... get it?

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

I discovered this site recently as I was learning all I could about the Scouting program. The person running it has WONDERFUL insights and resources, and I have referenced his site to many leaders who are trying to run the program in our area. I highly recommend it. 

There is no such word as "Webelo." 

The only proper singular of Webelos Scouts is ... WEBELOS SCOUT!  

#5 Tampa Turtle

Tampa Turtle

• Members
  • 2487 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:13 AM

COOL!

#6 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 12155 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:18 AM

This and Kudu's inquiry.net are my go to favorites.

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

#7 Tampa Turtle

Tampa Turtle

• Members
  • 2487 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

I shared this with my SPL.

#8 fred johnson

fred johnson

• Members
  • 1511 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:56 PM

Great site.  The How 1979 saved Scouting article caused me to remember how I greatly prefer the version 11 handbook over the version 12 handbook.  It just seemed like you could actually use the version 11 handbook for something.  Version 12 was like the book you put on the coffee table, glossy and fun to glance through but not functional.

Edited by fred johnson, 04 August 2016 - 02:08 PM.

#9 Cravven

Cravven

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:21 AM

Great site.  The How 1979 saved Scouting article caused me to remember how I greatly prefer the version 11 handbook over the version 12 handbook.  It just seemed like you could actually use the version 11 handbook for something.  Version 12 was like the book you put on the coffee table, glossy and fun to glance through but not functional.

Same here, I much prefer Version 11 to 12.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq