The Secret of Leadership

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Tampa Turtle

Tampa Turtle

• Members
  • 2458 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:36 AM

In our Troop leadership training I will always counsel the boys (new Patrol Leaders es[especially): "Rule#1 Take care of your boys, take care of your boys, take care of your boys" and give examples (help the new boy set up his tent, make sure everyone gets fed, check up on advancement 1 on 1). Though the older boys do most of the teaching.

I cringed one time when an adult started lecturing on Total Quality Management and handed out notebooks of 50 pages of Sigma Six notes,

#22 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11754 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:54 AM

Sorry @TampaTurtle they allowed me only one green arrow!

If one needs a "business model" to follow, here's the key: The patrol members are the customer.  The PL is the salesman.  If he provides a good quality product for the customer, they will come back over and over again until the product become poor quality or the salesman doesn't want to sell anymore.  Then they will go off and find another salesman to "follow".  As TampaTurtle says, take care of the customer and they will take care of you.

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq