Have to ask why.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Lurking...

Lurking...

• Members
  • 12252 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:37 AM

One of the reasons the GS/USA has been able to keep their prices low is the fact that the quality and quantity of the product has gone downhill.  I remember the thin mints actually having a white filling like mint layer between the chocolate and the cookie.  And what people don't realize is that the caramel coconut cookies (they go by many names) actually cost more than 25-cents per cookie!  Of course none of that has stopped me from buying the cookies.

The "Pigtail Mafia" has learned the secrets of marketing very well.  :)

#42 Krampus

Krampus

Side Kick to Nikolaus

• Members
  • 1870 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:27 AM

Haven't bought for years. No one has around to sell them. Since they've increased price and reduced size, they go into my "not buying them anymore" bucket. Any product that has done that doesn't get my money...like the Brewers that have gone to 10oz cans or 11.2oz bottles; cheat me, I stop buying your product.

#43 Sentinel947

Sentinel947

• Moderators
  • 1615 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:58 AM

Haven't bought for years. No one has around to sell them. Since they've increased price and reduced size, they go into my "not buying them anymore" bucket. Any product that has done that doesn't get my money...like the Brewers that have gone to 10oz cans or 11.2oz bottles; cheat me, I stop buying your product.

Potato Chips and Cereal are the worst. Half the bag is air!!!!

#44 qwazse

qwazse

• Members
  • 6704 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:52 AM

Potato Chips and Cereal are the worst. Half the bag is air!!!!

Peanut butter jars with the massive indentation at the bottom. :mad:

#45 Eagledad

Eagledad

• Members
  • 5996 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:11 AM

In the last year, I bought about $100 worth of popcorn from the Boy Scouts and $100 of cookies from the Girl Scouts. I give the popcorn back to the scouts so they could double their sales, although this year I heard they donated it to the Military Service Men and Women. Pretty cool really. I give away just about all our cookies to our adult kids. OK, my wife hides one box of Thin Mints in the freezer.

I admit that I wouldn't be as likely to spend as much money on the Girl Scouts if the little girls weren't so darn cute. Kind of the same reason Cubs can sell a lot more Popcorn in person than the Boy Scouts. Same goes with Scouting for food, the Cubs are just better.

We have not seen Campfire around here in a while, are they still selling candy? That candy is sooooo good, we give it tour kids of course, but one box is always sacrificed to the freezer god. 

By the way, unless things have changed, the BSA units got 40% profit while the Girl Scout units got somewhere around 10%.

Barry

"Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives the test first, then the lesson."

#46 Krampus

Krampus

Side Kick to Nikolaus

• Members
  • 1870 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:32 AM

We sell flower flats for $20 and take $8 profit. Cheaper and better than DIY stores and we deliver. Far better bargain!

#47 Lurking...

Lurking...

• Members
  • 12252 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:21 PM

Buy a package of Oreo or Oreo cookies or the Oreo cookies with the mint filling......

Buy a package of Chocolate chips, any semi sweet, any brand or just the blocks of semi sweet will work too..

Melt chocolate chips, put a splash of mint extract in the chocolate.

Stir well,

Open all the oreo cookies and scrape out the middle (optional)

Dip in chocolate and put on wax paper.  Try not to eat them all before they have a chance to cool.

If one doesn't take them apart and dunks them in chocolate they are known as fat mints instead.

For those who are REALLY CHEAP-SKATES, use Ritz crackers instead of Oreos, they go very well with milk as well.

=====

Semi sweet chocolates chips, coconut and evaporated milk does up Mounds bars really well.

Milk chocolate chips, coconut, evaporated milk and a bag of almonds does up the Almond Joys.... :)

All my recipes are from the Walmart knockoff suppliers in China, but you can make them right here in the good old US of A....cue the Sousa March music, please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq