Breaking Bad ... Scouters

52-year-old Boy Scout leader William Cedergren arrested for selling meth out of Texas Trail Council scout office(?) in Clyde,TX.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/boy-scout-leader-in-clyde-arrested-for-distributing-drugs/37342420

Cedergren was arrested and charged with first-degree felony manufacturing and delivery of methamphetamine. The scout office is located at 300 Forrest Road in Clyde (within a 1000ft of an elementary school!)

Cedergren was arrested by the Callahan County Sheriff’s Department, who said they had him under surveillance for quite some time. The arrest took place after officials sent an informant into the Boy Scouts office to purchase a small amount of meth.

Cedergren confessed to the charges and admitted that he had been dealing out of the Boy Scouts office for two years.

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/breaking-news/clyde-boy-scout-leader-arrested-for-dealing-drugs-out-of-boy-scout-hut

Some reports say he sold out of the scout council office, some reports say he sold out of  Boy Scout Hut (shop?). I found no specifics as to his position in Scouting or any comments from Council or National spokespeople.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There may only be on average three bear fatalities are year, HOWEVER, there are HUNDREDS of bear attacks every year. Bear protocols should ALWAYS be followed in the back country, and not just because

Because FREEDOM happens in odd places.

Wow!   Finally a scouter who dumps his life on something other than sexual abuse......   I'm tempted to make a joke about a Jihad ScoutMaster, but maybe it wouldn't turn out to be a joke.... (knoc

Wow!

Finally a scouter who dumps his life on something other than sexual abuse......

I'm tempted to make a joke about a Jihad ScoutMaster, but maybe it wouldn't turn out to be a joke.... (knock on wood!).

• Upvote 1

Wow!

Finally a scouter who dumps his life on something other than sexual abuse......

I'm tempted to make a joke about a Jihad ScoutMaster, but maybe it wouldn't turn out to be a joke.... (knock on wood!).

Don't go there. Hamas and ISIS have youth programs modeled off of Scouting.

Also heard from a friend about one Scout getting ticked off and threatened to have his jihadi cousins blew up the CO. That threat was reported to authorities.

Maybe BSA needs to rethink it's policy on SM conceal carry policies.

It's a scary world out there.

It just might turn out that the grizzly bears are the good guys after all.

Edited by Stosh

Maybe BSA needs to rethink it's policy on SM conceal carry policies.

It's a scary world out there.

One of our ASMs regularly conceal carries to meetings and on a few camp outs. He's also been known to show up in the CSI van to meetings and camp outs, and leave early when the citizens of our city do not behave.  On those occasions, I give him the benefit of the doubt for not wearing his Scout uniform and shows up in his work uniform.

With all the life and wonders of the world out there, this guy and others like him decide to embody evil incarnate. They have chosen to forfeit life. I hope he and his ilk find their way to a quick death and then an eternity in hell. The world will be a better place then.

Edited by vumbi

Naw, if he's 52 years old, I hope he sits in jail for the rest of his life to think about all the damage he's done to young lives around him.  If he's a life long scouter who loves the woods, it would be fitting that the only trees he ever sees again is through a chain link fence.

After a check, it looks like the alleged felon was associated/employed with a concrete company and the Scout Hut belonged to an individual troop in Clyde Tx. I do wonder if he ever thought about the destruction that he wrought and how he was able to reconcile it in his conscience. 

P

After a check, it looks like the alleged felon was associated/employed with a concrete company and the Scout Hut belonged to an individual troop in Clyde Tx. I do wonder if he ever thought about the destruction that he wrought and how he was able to reconcile it in his conscience. 

People like this don't even try.  They have spent years desensitizing their conscience to justify the $$.  The love of money is the root..... ya know the rest.

My brother put in 30 years in the Federal Bureau of Prisons. He make it very clear that the prison populace was 99% on either end of the Bell Curve.  They were either extremely intelligent or flat out idiots.  The super intelligent (very small minority) were especially scary and one couldn't turn your back on them for one second.  From what is in the article, this gentleman isn't in that group.

BSA and conceal carry? 

Did I miss something? I thought BSA policy was no weapons except for on approved firearms events and then limited to those allowed firearms.

Krampus,

Law enforcement are allowed to carry at BSA functions. The ASM in my troop works in law enforcement, and is regularly called out from meetings and camp outs as part of his duties.