• 2136 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

My deepest condolences....

#23 cyclops

cyclops

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:25 PM

I'm too new to have been acquainted with your mom but after reading what the others wrote here, I can see that she was a wonderful person and will be missed by everyone. Every loss of a parent brings a deep sense of loss, as I know from personal experience. I offer my sympathy.

#24 koolaidman

koolaidman

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:37 PM

@MoosetheItalianBlacksmith  I didn't know your mom like many others here in the forums, but I remember seeing her posts frequently and held her opinions in high regard.  I'm so very sorry for your loss and you and your family will be in my prayers.

#25 Twocubdad

Twocubdad

• Members
  • 4462 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:45 PM

MIB, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  We all will miss your mom but are better for having her insight and perspective.  Her passion for Scouting was very evident as was her pride in you.  We could certainly tell how proud she was of you, your involvement in Scouting and your willingness to step into leadership roles at a relative young age.  She will be missed.

#26 SSScout

SSScout

• Members
  • 3922 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:20 PM

MtIBS:   It was good to know your mom, if only by internet.  She will be missed, I am sure both "here" and "there".   I am also sure that her legacy is already being appreciated, tho it will no longer be added to.

Please accept our prayers and condolences.

Good Scouting to you!

#27 pargolf44067

pargolf44067

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:24 PM

So sorry for the loss.  She was always a great read.  I, too, lost my mother to cancer at a relatively young age.  Although you go on, there is always a huge hole in your heart.  Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

#28 5yearscouter

5yearscouter

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:38 AM

Hugs to you and your family.

The OA broken arrow ceremony is special if she was an OA member.

We also had a funeral service that ended with all the verses of scout vespers which seemed to resonate.

You may want to think of any other scout songs that she appreciated,

heck if she was a campfire loving girl a solumn campfire program might be in order.

She will be missed.

#29 ianwilkins

ianwilkins

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:56 AM

Sorry for your loss.

I'd echo previous comments that scout significant songs could be sung at the celebration of life ceremony. Sadly, I've been to two scout leader funerals this year, and at both a guard of honour of uniformed scout leaders for the incoming coffin lined the path to the church. One also went out to "riding along on the crest of a wave", but I don't know if that's a known song in the US.

Maybe at your campout you could have a tree planting, over here the engraved bench seems popular.

Ian

#30 pchadbo

pchadbo

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:08 PM

I too, will miss Moosetracker, although after getting to know her online, I had the joy and priveledge of getting to know her in "real life" I served on her training team and helped her son and husband get into trouble.  I will make sure that the hugs I give the family are big enough to come from her whole online family as well.

God Speed until we meet again

#31 ramblinrosey

ramblinrosey

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

I am so sorry to read this,my heart goes out to you and the family. I met your mom during my WB-21st  Cent course when she was on staff,we had a good laugh when I figured out who she was on this forum !! 

I appologize for the lateness of this msg as I too was dignosed with Lymphoma last yr and was in treatment at that time so I wasn't following much of anything,just now catching up. Once again my condolances to all.

#32 Tampa Turtle

Tampa Turtle

• Members
  • 2454 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:26 AM

I just saw this--been offline for awhile. I am very sorry. I really liked corresponding with 'ol Moosie' and feel a loss even if we never met. Another good one gone. May some of those she guided rise up to take her place.

#33 jpstodwftexas

jpstodwftexas

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

Condolences on your loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq