• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 QuartermasterJC

QuartermasterJC

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:46 PM

Greetings, 

I'm new to the forum and was surprised to find that the local/external blog section was looking pretty inactive. Anyhow, I've added my scout-centric website to the external blog link. 

The Quartermaster Archive is an experiment. It's topics of focus are scouting, literature, and music, which were my primary interests when I was a scout in the 1990s. I'm trying to examine the strange intersections between these three subjects. For example, a recent post discusses JD Salinger and his novel The Catcher in the Rye. It's a minor detail, but Holden Caufield briefly describes his participation in the Boy Scouts. Another post profiles Rex Brown, bassist for the heavy metal supergroup Pantera, who was both a Boy Scout and Eagle Scout.

If you like the QA let me know. If you have suggestions or would like to submit a relevant story or photography, I'd happily consider it.

Are there any must-read Scout blogs beyond Scouter that people frequent? I'm relatively new to it, but the scouting blogosphere feels a little scattered and decentralized. Are there any good sites with comprehensive blog rolls? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq