Forum courtesy for everyone

"If you are willing to 'unhide' a post, my request is that since you moved this to Issues and Politics, and I now unexpectedly have posts in this forum, I ask you to delete my posts. You are the reason I have this presence in this forum and it is reasonable for me to expect you to take the similar courtesy that you took in 'unhiding' a post in order to remove me from the forum you placed me into, Issues and Politics. And once you have done that, please delete this post as well. Thank you."

Looks a bit like heavy-handed moderation is beginning to take it's toll on member satisfaction.  I put this new thread in the I & P section (Dead Letter Office) because I know before hand that's where it would end up.  We really can't afford to be losing our good forum members because of problems with the way the forum is being moderated.

• Upvote 1

Posted Today, 06:00 AM

NJCubScouter, on 06 Sept 2015 - 2:58 PM, said:snapback.png

I have no further comment on the question of which section this thread should be in, except to say this:

Now that it has been moved, I have "un-hidden" a post by SeattlePioneer (on page 2 of the thread) that was hidden by another moderator, apparently on the basis that this thread was (at the time) in Open Discussion and the post in question is clearly (more than any of the other posts in the thread) of a political nature. With the thread now being in "politics" there is no reason for that post to remain hidden, and after obtaining the consent of the moderator who hid it, it is now open for public view.

My belief that this particular post should be open for viewing was part of my reason for moving the thread to I&P, but I did not feel free to talk about a hidden post before getting permission from the other moderator to un-hide it.

If you are willing to 'unhide' a post, my request is that since you moved this to Issues and Politics, and I now unexpectedly have posts in this forum, I ask you to delete my posts. You are the reason I have this presence in this forum and it is reasonable for me to expect you to take the similar courtesy that you took in 'unhiding' a post in order to remove me from the forum you placed me into, Issues and Politics. And once you have done that, please delete this post as well. Thank you.

Edited by ya lazima vumbi, Today, 06:01 AM.

No further comment necessary.

I had not seen la yazima's request yet and I assume none of the moderators had seen it either.

I have complied with his request.

Please remember that Terry has asked that complaints about moderation should be made in private messages to him. I am not talking about la yazima, who was not making a complaint, just a request.

Personally, I never notice what "section" I am reading.  I just click on "new posts since my last visit".  Matters not to me if it is in I&P or something else.  People who are unhappy with the forum should have seen it 5-6 years ago.  A few of us who are still around know what I mean.  It could get downright nasty.

Scout on!

• Upvote 1