Status Of Direct Service Council

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kahuna

Kahuna

• Members
  • 1260 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:11 AM

There seems to be a perception arising somewhere that patches for Direct Service Council, BSA, particularly CSPs, are ceasing to exist. I realize that Direct Service Council itself is somewhat ephemeral, but there were patches as recently as the last National Jamboree. Can anyone clarify this for a friend in Australia who is about to make a big investment in these patches? Bottom line question is: has anything changed as to the status of Direct Service over the last couple of years?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Oak Tree

Oak Tree

• Members
  • 2207 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:55 PM

I have no actual information on this at all, but this seems like a strange speculation.  The Direct Service Council has 100 units, according to Scouting.org, which does not make it one of the smallest council. Do any of the rumors provide any suggestion on what is supposed to be happening to these patches? Are these troops just not going to wear CSPs? Or is it going to merge with one of the other two overseas councils?  I suppose a merger would always be a possibility, but I'm not sure how exactly that would affect the value of the patches.

From scouting.org, it doesn't look like anything has changed recently: http://www.scouting....ectService.aspx

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)

IPB Skin By Virteq