BSA Gay Adult decision  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against the BSA's executive committee's decision to allow gay adults?

Are you for or against the decision to allow openly gay adults to join the BSA?

>For future reference, this thread went 'down' fairly quickly after this initial post. It became personal and offensive to other forum members. In short it crossed the line of decorum. I took it 'off line' and 'hid' it for a couple of days in the hope that things would settle down (see the following post).

I was wrong. After opening the thread again, it only took a couple of hours and the rediscovery by forum members for it to reach the point that the person who created it, asked me to kill it. Which I did. This 'remnant' of that thread is left for future reference as to the fate of discussions that do not conform to the standards of decorum that most of us actually DO follow most of the time. I hope this thread will serve as an object lesson for the future.

KenD500, I am sincerely apologetic for having to offer the 'kill switch' option. My sorrow is even greater that, a very short time after I gave them a second chance, you had to choose that option. Please do not think that you, KenD500, were in any way responsible for the way this ended. You weren't.<

Edited by packsaddle
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is called a 'shot across the bow'. 

I hid this thread for a while because it was going beyond the bounds of decorum and I wanted it to cool off. When KenD500 asked about what happened to it, I explained and told him I would bring it back to life if he wanted me to and if the rules of decorum will be followed. 

So this is everyone's chance to show that they can discuss this topic with some decorum. Good luck.

To KenD500, if you want this thread killed, I'll gladly do the deed.

Edited by packsaddle

I'm just curious as to where everyone stands on the matter.  I thought a poll would give everyone the chance to vote without getting nasty about it.

Please limit your comments on this thread.  Just vote; no need to justify or defend your position.