• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 12210 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

This is what Scouting is supposed to be!  Maybe Hedge, you can suggest it to Irving.

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

#22 fred johnson

fred johnson

• Members
  • 1565 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:52 PM

This is what Scouting is supposed to be!  Maybe Hedge, you can suggest it to Irving.

Fully agree.  Worry less about implementing the perfect chain of command.  Instead, focus more on inspiring our scouts to get out and do things.  It's during the "doing" that the scouts naturally learn leadership and responsibility.  

#23 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Erinaceomorpha Erinaceidae Member

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:23 AM

If I had any influence at Irving... let's just say there would be a lot of suggestions.

#24 Ankylus

Ankylus

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:22 PM

I agree. When I see people complaining about the "Millenials", it is clear to me that they know a different segment of the generation than I do. My favorite story is when I went to pick up one of my sons from swim camp along with a friend of his. They were 14 then, but had already been in scouting for years. I walked into their dorm room, looked at them, and asked, "Are you guys packed and ready to go?" Both of them said, "Yes, sir." So I said, "Grab your gear and lets go." Both of them walked right over to their bags, picked them up, and we left right then. And I was the only parent walking out of that place without carrying a single thing. You gotta love that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq