• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 blw2

blw2

Troop Treasurer

• Members
  • 1942 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

I would image pony beads? That's usually what the kids get at Day Camp at each activity. Even those tri beads would be good, you know those ones that kind of nest?

http://www.ebay.com/...?lpid=82&chn=ps

This seems like a good deal too, then they kind of get to pick their bead- http://www.walmart.c...981552&veh=sem 

sure, but how would you thread that onto a necker?

#22 SeattlePioneer

SeattlePioneer

• Members
  • 4170 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

<<Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:19 PM

SeattlePioneer, on 11 Jun 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:snapback.png

My theory is that pack committee meetings and Roundtables should last no more than an hour.

We have our length down pat. A lot of fun people show up so we usually go over an hour (not by much) but it's because we get off topic or whatever. There has not been 1 complaint about the length of the meeting, only how the content is getting old, which is why we're trying to revitalize the topics and bring some new ones in.

Oh,  it's rare that people complain about boring, overly long meetings.  They just don't come back for another helping of being abused.

But if you have fun exciting meetings and people DO come back,  then I'd say you are doing very well.

Sounds like you are still keeping my hour standard in mind,  though.

#23 SeattlePioneer

SeattlePioneer

• Members
  • 4170 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:27 PM

<<

SeattlePioneer, on 11 Jun 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:snapback.png

My theory is that pack committee meetings and Roundtables should last no more than an hour.

And no chairs allowed.  Everyone has to stay standing.  Meeting's over when the first person leaves the room.>>

Heh, heh!

You are TOUGH!

#24 SSScout

SSScout

• Members
  • 3972 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

Yep. Beads. Amazing what a fella will do for a bead, doesn't matter the age, I guess.

The OA in our area gets a bead for a service project attendance, for helping at a Ordeal, etc.. CSDC, everyone earns beads
for catching a fish, hitting the target, picking up a handful (judgement call) of trash, leading a Den cheer. Those beads
add up. At CSRT, beads have come to be expected, sign in, pick up your handouts, take a bead (Trustworthy), different color each month. . Did I mention Jeff throws out candy for good questions? Also beads, when he runs out of candy. I haven't
had to stop to that, (church won't allow food in my room). I see a lot of beady neckerlaces.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cub scout, roundtable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq