Tracking Any Bugs Or Feature Requests For The New Forum

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#121 SSScout

SSScout

• Members
  • 4054 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

I still find the light text on a light background in a light colored venue to be too light.  I really find, as I think about it, I preferred the darker, brighter, more "definite" format of the last version of our discussion set-up.  

Am I alone in this perception?

#122 Rick_in_CA

Rick_in_CA

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

I still find the light text on a light background in a light colored venue to be too light.  I really find, as I think about it, I preferred the darker, brighter, more "definite" format of the last version of our discussion set-up.  

Maybe try increasing the contrast on your computer screen? It looks fine to me and I usually have a hard time with the modern dark gray on light gray silliness.

#123 RememberSchiff

RememberSchiff

Your Friendly Neighborhood ModeratorMan

• Moderators
  • 3001 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:25 PM

Maybe these have already been mentioned.

Click on Recent Posts and yesterday's post (albeit the most recent) are listed as "Today". So I login say 8am EST, select recent post and see a Recent Post of Today at 11pm which actually occurred yesterday. There's a Beatles song about this penomenom I think.

Is there a time limit (hours?) for editting my previous posts?

Thanks

#124 scoutldr

scoutldr

• Members
  • 4470 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

I am posting this at 0944 EDT.

The system clock says 0144.

Edited by scoutldr, 22 April 2015 - 11:45 PM.

#125 MattR

MattR

• Members
  • 1038 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:55 AM

I mentioned this before as well. I have a laptop and if I adjust the angle of the display I can make it easier to read. Someone mentioned adjusting contrast, but I can't do that on my display.

I'm happy to see the spell check working. All in all, this is much nicer than previous versions.

#126 qwazse

qwazse

• Members
  • 6826 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:15 AM

So not a bug but a question: What is the "Thanks" and "Vote Post Up" per person, per day quota. It seems it is set awfully low or I am handing them out like Eagle badges in my district (did I say that?  :o ).

For fits and giggles I upped one of Moz's and downed one of Stosh's in this thread.

One of each a day is good enough for me. But it would be nice to know the upper limit. Do you get one of each kind? Or, a grand total of, say, three of either. Or is it a function of your so-called "reputation"?

#127 Stosh

Stosh

• Members
  • 12429 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

For fits and giggles I upped one of Moz's and downed one of Stosh's in this thread.

One of each a day is good enough for me. But it would be nice to know the upper limit. Do you get one of each kind? Or, a grand total of, say, three of either. Or is it a function of your so-called "reputation"?

Okay, now you've got my attention.  Exactly how many times can I ding quarse each day?

#128 EagleScout441

EagleScout441

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

I do believe there is a problem with the email broadcast system.  

I updated my email address and it says I will have to re-validate my account with the new one. 

Well, it won't send me the validation email. 

First I double checked the address, then I waited overnight for the email (it was last night I did this). 

Since my account is un-validated, I am only able to post in the Forum Support & Announcements area.

A scout is never taken by surprise; he knows exactly what to do when anything unexpected happens.

#129 Stosh

Stosh

• Members
  • 12429 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

EagleScout441,

Don't worry, they're just doing a background check on you.  If they find something it could take months, even years to get this cleared up.  

Haven't any outstanding parking tickets?  Jay-walked lately?  Still taking your son's paper route money?  Been driving over the speed limit?  Tried to slip an expired coupon through at the Walmart checkout?

:)

#130 SCOUTER-Terry

SCOUTER-Terry

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:37 PM

Please try the email request again... we've updated to repair (hopefully).

#131 EagleScout441

EagleScout441

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

Please try the email request again... we've updated to repair (hopefully).

Worked perfectly, much appreciated.

A scout is never taken by surprise; he knows exactly what to do when anything unexpected happens.

#132 Stosh

Stosh

• Members
  • 12429 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:18 PM

Bummer, I was hoping for a neat background check report.  This turned out rather anti-climatic.  :(

#133 EagleScout441

EagleScout441

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

Bummer, I was hoping for a neat background check report.  This turned out rather anti-climatic.   :(

Oh, that went just fine.  

A fine for walking backwards and eating peanuts at the movies, another for carrying an ice cream cone in my pocket, jaywalking, of course, and for dancing more than 12 hours in a 24-hour period.

Overall......not bad, not bad at all.

#134 Stosh

Stosh

• Members
  • 12429 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

Okay, that's better, I can sleep easier tonight.  :)

#135 FScouter

FScouter

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4174 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

The little buggy things seem to be working themselves out.  Nice improvements.

#136 TAHAWK

TAHAWK

• Members
  • 2928 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:41 PM

I typed a post.  I clicked on Post.  Only this appeared:  "Posted Today, 07:07 PM"   What I posted was gone.

This has happened three times.

I tried to reenter with "edit" to see if I could recapture what I typed.  I got a popup " You do not have permission for this action.

So better than the old software but still screwed-up.

#137 RememberSchiff

RememberSchiff

Your Friendly Neighborhood ModeratorMan

• Moderators
  • 3001 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

I typed a post.  I clicked on Post.  Only this appeared:  "Posted Today, 07:07 PM"   What I posted was gone.

This has happened three times.

I tried to reenter with "edit" to see if I could recapture what I typed.  I got a popup " You do not have permission for this action.

So better than the old software but still screwed-up.

I had a similar experience on Sunday.

I tried to create a new topic in Unit Fundraising and got that error "You do not have permission for this action". Ok, so I tried twice to post it in Open Discussion. Each time there was no error reported and the post was never seen again. Gave up.

#138 TAHAWK

TAHAWK

• Members
  • 2928 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

Once again, I edited a post and when I tried to save changes, the post disappeared.  Clearly, there is a defect in the software.

#139 packsaddle

packsaddle

• Moderators
  • 8682 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

It's working for me.

#140 TAHAWK

TAHAWK

• Members
  • 2928 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

Sometimes it works for me.  Thinking back, it seems to be a matter of how long I take to type an edit.   At some point, I have taken "too long" and the entire post is lost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users