• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#21 RememberSchiff

RememberSchiff

Your Friendly Neighborhood ModeratorMan

• Moderators
  • 2590 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:59 PM

I'm curious are these features that we had with the previous software not available?

- survey poll

- inserting youtube video

#22 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11965 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

I give up,   Basic editor only.  No little arrow, no formatting, just a place to type.  HELP says there's a toggle switch in one's settings that can flip between basic and rich text formatting editors.  Well there's no toggle switch in there either.

Tried to do a screenprint, but even after loading into the "reply" it wouldn't post.

When I go into editor it asks if I want the "full editor".  It has enable emoticons, signature and follow topic buttons on top and the ability to attach a file on the bottom.  That's it but it was more than just the first screen.

Stosh

Edited by Stosh, 06 April 2015 - 05:23 PM.

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

#23 packsaddle

packsaddle

• Moderators
  • 8682 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

I'm confuSED :wub:

#24 SSScout

SSScout

• Members
  • 3972 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:39 PM

My comment:   My  aged glaucoma'd  eyes find the light colors and faint contrast a challenge.   I guess I liked the bright colors and contrasting work areas in the last version superior.  As to ease of operation and "user friendly" I will think about that. 

Scout on!

#25 Twocubdad

Twocubdad

• Members
  • 4462 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

Love the Latest Posts/Threads/Updates box on the right side.  Thanks for taking care of us, Terry.

#26 moosetracker

moosetracker

• Members
  • 3587 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:22 AM

Ahhhh HA.. I found out how to fix the issue if you see the HTML markup features, but they are all disabled.. I came back to all features disabled again, but I found the very top left hand button (to the left of the eraser icon that is labeled "Remove")  is NOT disabled, and hitting that will enable and disable the HTML features.

Here is another question.. I was going to attach a picture of the toggle of showing or collapsing the HTML features to hopefully help those who do not see the feature at all.. When I click on the Image selection I get "URL".. Which I have no idea what to do with, I think that means I have to have some other personal website to upload the picture to and then point to it or something.. Well I don't have that.. Usually I get a browse where I browse to my image and attach it.. So I went to help to see if it had any help on the issue.. Didn't see it in it's list of help items, but found something when I did a search on picture.. It says I should have the normal browse option I am use to.. But, if we have a URL thingy to save the web site from getting large so be it.. Just how do you work it, if you don't have a personal website?

MooseTracker

#27 packsaddle

packsaddle

• Moderators
  • 8682 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:35 AM

EGAD! You're kidding, right?

#28 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11965 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:56 AM

He's getting HTML features greyed out.  I'm not getting anything so he's ahead of me on that count.  I have no editing capability.

I did do a screen print to show what my screen showed, but that would appear in the posting box but not upload to the forum.

All I have is a "Post" button and "More "More Reply Options" buttons.

That MRO button only gives a way to show 3 features (enable emoticons, enable signature and follow topic) and attach files.  That's it, nothing related to the editor anywhere.

"Help" suggests to select the basic or advanced editor in one's account settings.  I've looked all over in those settings and find nothing there as well.  The "Help" doesn't say anything specific about the settings, just that it's supposed to be there.

A spell-checker feature would have been nice too.

I have been working with computers since the days of key punch cards.  I'm not a newbie at this, but this software is not at all intuitive in many respects.

Stosh

There's a reason why I don't always answer the phone, doorbell or comments on forums.  :)

#29 Gone

Gone

• Members
  • 1811 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:03 AM

Odd bug. Cannot post two capital letters in a row in a new thread subject line. Posted using and iPad and have not tried a PC. Does not seem to affect the body of a post, just the subject title in a thread. Not a big deal, just odd. Made sure auto-correct was off.

#30 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11965 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:15 AM

Odd bug. Cannot post two capital letters in a row in a new thread subject line. Posted using and iPad and have not tried a PC. Does not seem to affect the body of a post, just the subject title in a thread. Not a big deal, just odd. Made sure auto-correct was off.

Somehow I don't have any editor/auto-correct features on my PC.  For this reason I can double capitalize things like SM in the post and in the subject line of a new post.  I do notice that the auto-correct on my "smart" phone is a real pain in the butt.  It is more of a hinderance than a help.

Stosh

#31 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11965 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

I stand corrected!  I just posted a new topic on DO's (Dutch Ovens) and the double caps went away.  It has nothing to do with the editor, the software made the changes on it's own in that I'm posting on a PC with no editor capabilities or spell checking.

Stosh

#32 berliner

berliner

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:47 AM

Hi All, 

havent been here in like a year and was looking for a Funraising thread I had started,

but I cant get into that area of the forum?

I see one post but cant click on it? What happend to all the other topics? 

Was it closed while I was away, is it a glitch or what? 

TIA

YIS

#33 NJCubScouter

NJCubScouter

• Moderators
  • 5891 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:48 PM

Berliner, if it was a year ago, it should be there. Do you remember the name of the thead? I could look for it.

#34 berliner

berliner

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:05 PM

Dont quite remember ... something about Grants & Fundraising that I had opend. But I cant find it in searches, nor even open the subforum IYWKIM. 

If you find it Ill owe you one  :o

#35 berliner

berliner

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:15 PM

add: I think it was called "Grand Administration and Fundraising 101" or so  :confused:  I wanted to pass it along to 2 other scouters  :mellow:

#36 moosetracker

moosetracker

• Members
  • 3587 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

I hovered over your name "Berlander" and a popup screen gave me a choice of "content" on the left hand side. I clicked on that.. The only two threads it shows you participating in is this one and one titled "Kandersteg International Scout Center / BSA Camp Alpine"  from April 2014 which was a thread you had started, but nothing in it was about fundraising.. So I am not sure it moved over with the forum.. Was their a cut off date on what would be transferred over???... Perhaps your thread was a little older then you thought and if there was a cut-off date, it did not make it..?

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

MooseTracker

#37 berliner

berliner

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

I cant access the entire fundraising sub forum thingy ... will play around with the new forum software some more, see if I find it ;-) 

#38 Stosh

Stosh

BSA Heretic

• Members
  • 11965 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:00 AM

Okay, okay, I said it was no big deal to not be able to have HTML edit capabilities, but it is to the point where it is annoying me.

How does one get HTML ability?

(/bold) Test (/b)

Stosh

#39 Gone

Gone

• Members
  • 1811 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:22 AM

Okay, okay, I said it was no big deal to not be able to have HTML edit capabilities, but it is to the point where it is annoying me.

How does one get HTML ability?

(/bold) Test (/b)

Yup it works quite well.  :D 

If you click on the little switch next to the eraser icon in the upper left of the edit window it will toggle between normal and html. The script for bold is [ b ]text[ /b ] but without any spaces. Hope that helps.

Edited by Mozartbrau, 08 April 2015 - 07:24 AM.

#40 moosetracker

moosetracker

• Members
  • 3587 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:26 AM

If you are not seeing the HTML markup at all, rather then seeing them but them being disabled.. I really think it is finding the arrow on the right had side to click on.. I wish I could figure out how to attach a picture to show you.. I am going to try to talk you through this, I am trying to be a specific as possible so I apologize if I come off in anyway as insulting.

HTML Markup code is not seen at all:

1) put your curser into the message box as if you are going to post a message.

2) At the top there is al light blue top margin that says "Reply to this topic"..

3) Below that is your icon and to the right is a darker blue border box.. look at the top margin of the dark blue border box.. Follow it to the very top right corner..  There should be a tiny arrow surrounded by a tiny square..

4) Click on the arrow. It should display the HTML markup.

If the HTML Markup code is visible but disabled:

1) put your curser into the message box as if you are going to post a message.

2) At the top there is al light blue top margin that says "Reply to this topic"..

3) Below that is your icon and to the right is a darker blue border box with your HTML code disabled.

4) the very top left icon (looks like a small square inside a larger square, to the left of it is an icon that looks like an eraser.

5) Click on the icon that is the small square inside a larger square..  This should enable all the other HTML markup choices..

6) This icon toggles the enable/disable feature on and off, I find I click it by mistake all the time, for some reason.

I hope this helps.. Wish I could do pictures as pictures are worth a thousand words.

MooseTracker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq