• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#1 SCOUTER-Terry

SCOUTER-Terry

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

As we work to remove known bugs and enable features, let's use this thread to track issues and requests.

Known Issues:

- Some users are having trouble seeing threads when logged in (blank page), but not after logging out.

#2 fred johnson

fred johnson

• Members
  • 1592 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

What is the time setting of the server?  I just made a few posts and the time is eight hours behind.  10:51pm showing 2:51pm.

#3 EmXaN

EmXaN

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:25 AM

Some users are having trouble seeing threads when logged in (blank page), but not after logging out.

Forum is working fine without any error log.. Members should clear their browser cache and cookies once, and try doing hard reset browser (ctrl+f5).. Let us know if the prob persist, with a screenshot..
Thanks

#4 qwazse

qwazse

• Members
  • 6707 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:49 AM

A neat feature may be something in our profile that holds our positions as scouters (e.g. ... SM, MC, Advisior). It might be something we type, or a series of check-boxes based on the list on the BSA adult application. (Actually, there could be a block for "current" position and one for "former" positions.)

#5 Lurking...

Lurking...

• Members
  • 12252 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:37 AM

It was kinda nice to finally have my login name and screen name as two different entities.

Stosh

#6 NJCubScouter

NJCubScouter

• Moderators
  • 6154 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:41 AM

It was kinda nice to finally have my login name and screen name as two different entities.

Stosh

Oh! Look at that...

#7 SCOUTER-Terry

SCOUTER-Terry

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

Time stamp issue should now be resolved...

#8 NJCubScouter

NJCubScouter

• Moderators
  • 6154 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

Time stamp issue should now be resolved...

Seems to be.

#9 MattR

MattR

• Members
  • 1002 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

Any chance you can increase the contrast on the dates of threads? It's faded first if the mouse isn't over the thread box, and second just because. Consequntly it's not easy to read.

#10 NJCubScouter

NJCubScouter

• Moderators
  • 6154 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

It does seem a little light, though I can read it.

I am glad the time issue was fixed, otherwise I was going to have to figure out whether it was Moscow time or middle-of-the-Indian-Ocean time that would give me an 8-hour offset.   :)

#11 moosetracker

moosetracker

• Members
  • 3587 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

Is there a reason why when creating a post, all the HTML features are dis-abled? (font, Size, bullets, Bold, Italics, emotions etc).. I looked in setting but saw nothing that indicated I had chosen plain text over HTML or something.
MooseTracker

#12 NJCubScouter

NJCubScouter

• Moderators
  • 6154 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:22 PM

Test test test test test test test

The markup features seem to be working from here    :)

#13 LeCastor

LeCastor

• Moderators
  • 808 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:25 PM

Moosetracker, try clicking the little black arrow at the top right of the text box to expand the bar.

LeCastor

#14 Lurking...

Lurking...

• Members
  • 12252 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

Okay, great the moderators have html codes, but I don't think the rank and file does.  I don't see any extra menus listed anywhere.  I'm going on old-fart memory here, but I think the first day or so of the new forum we did have that option.

Also, the auto-save feature doesn't work as well as the old.  When you lose a post for whatever reason, you loose a large portion of it.  The old software did really well saving posts and then retrieving them when something goes hay-wire.

#15 NJCubScouter

NJCubScouter

• Moderators
  • 6154 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

Hmm, don't feel bad, now I don't see them either!

#16 NJCubScouter

NJCubScouter

• Moderators
  • 6154 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

Actually, I have them on my desktop computer, but not on my Ipad.  EmXaN, can that be fixed?

#17 LeCastor

LeCastor

• Moderators
  • 808 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

Actually, I have them on my desktop computer, but not on my Ipad.  EmXaN, can that be fixed?

Confirmed. I don't have them now on my iPad either.

LeCastor

#18 moosetracker

moosetracker

• Members
  • 3587 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:21 PM

I am on a PC.. That is where it wasn't working earlier, and I did try the black arrow on the right as that seemed the only thing enabled, but it did nothing.. Now, on my PC, I do have the HTML extras..  

See.. :)

See.. :D

See ... :laugh:

Do not know what kicked in..

MooseTracker

#19 Lurking...

Lurking...

• Members
  • 12252 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

I'm on a PC and I don't have the features

Edited by Stosh, 06 April 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#20 moosetracker

moosetracker

• Members
  • 3587 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

Oh... Now playing with the black arrow on the right I see that the arrow makes the features totally disappear (collapse), then hit again and they reappear.. So earlier when the features were disabled, I could see the features but all grayed out, and click them they did nothing, at that time I clicked the arrow on the right and it did nothing, so it too must have been disabled..  Now with things enabled, the right arrow makes the features show or not show at all..

So I guess people should state if not having the features mean they do not see them, or they see them, but they are disabled.. If you don't see the features at all, then try the black arrow to the right.

Edited by moosetracker, 06 April 2015 - 04:56 PM.

MooseTracker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq