My son will be crossing over and is interested in OA. I plan to 'cross over' as well from Cub Scout leader to Boy Scout leader. How are adults selected for OA - or did you have to join as a youth?

After your unit's elections the number of adults that may be nominated (not elected) from your unit is given to your unit leader. It depends on the total number of Scouts elected. For example, if you elect 9 boys I think you get to nominate 3 adults, plus the unit leader if he is not already a member.

Each unit nominated adults in a different manner, however, they must all still complete the same requirements as the boys for eligibility...except for the rank requirement of course. ;)

Slapper,

1) WELCOME TO DA FORUMS!!!!! ( And yes, I am screaming at you in joy for finding us. ;) )

2) Must have been one heck of a good Crossover Ceremony your local OA did to get him interested in the OA already. For that I say your OA chapter did an AWESOME job!

3) I'd tell your son to focus on mastering the Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class Scout (T-2-1) skills before worrying about the OA. In order to be in the OA, you have to be First Class, have 14 or 15 days and nights of camping, including 1 long term camp (summer camp)

4) Also tell him to live by the Scout Oath and Law. His peers will notice and will elect him. BUT do not get discourage if he doesn't get in the first, heck even the second, time. I got in the 3rd time I was up for election.

5) For you, I'd focus on training.

6) Good luck!

• Upvote 2