Did you get in? I know one troop in our council that got in, but from the response I'm seeing from the SM's announcement that they got a spot, seems as if no one in the troop knew he was even applying.

'90,

I'd call them.

They may not have done the lottery yet after all. That same SM said he made reservations for summer camp this year, and when I went to the camp's leader's meeting, they were not listed.

Just out of curiousity, what happens if a group wins the lottery, but then backs out? Is there a waiting list?

Like I mentioned previously, we have a troop that won the Sea Base lottery, and when it was announced on their facebook page, it appeared as if this was the first time the parents of the Scouts heard about it. The leader is know for doing spur of the moment things, and some have speculated that his troop signing up for Sea Base is one of them. Especially since he was trying to sign up for Philmont with another troop in the district the month before.

I know that these activities are major events that take planning even before signing up for the lottery. So I wonder how serious their bid is, and whether it will prevent another troop that is serious from going.