Host site for Troop management website

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 scooterdog

scooterdog

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

New Cubmaster here - re-starting a defunct Pack. I took several hours over the summer to look for the best tool, and chose SOAR.

Echo all the comments above - automatically-updated email lists is a godsend, setting up sign-ups for an event is easy, and making online payments via PayPal connected to the event is great.

I've had several instances of difficulty (one email list not working correctly, another different issue in terms of incomplete documentation) but the email (and even telephone!) support has been great - a complete reply within 4-8 hours.

Before that I tried the free Google Sites / other Google resources, and there's no comparison in terms of time, hassle, flexibility, and fit-for-purpose.

#22 Tampa Turtle

Tampa Turtle

• Members
  • 2505 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:22 PM

Trooptrack is really cheap and they run the website. On a handful of occasions it has gone down for a few hours but over 3 years that is pretty good. I'd at least look at it.

#23 5yearscouter

5yearscouter

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:25 PM

We use troop web host for the website you can make some pages and allow calendar or other info to be viewable to the public.

also tracking your advancement and uploading to council works pretty well.

Nobody except a handful of adults log in to the website.  others look at the calendar on the homepage. 

or wait til they get the automated calendar of events that can go out as often as you want it to.

It has so many features we don't use cause nobody really logs in and uses websites.

We actually use gmail for direct communication in the troop,

and use the gmail forms for sign ups for events, cause people wouldn't log in to sign up for events on twhost.

they could log in on their smartphone and have it remember their log in credentials, but I guess that's too much work.

the gmail forms they don't have to sign in, just fill out the name and yes or no for events

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq