NOAC lodge patches

My lodge is issuing NOAC 2015 lodge pocket flap patches. I am new to the OA so I do not know the proper patch etiquette. Can you wear this patch on your uniform? Are the patches to be worn only if you go to NOAC? Or are they for collecting and trading?

As a general rule...If you attend an Event you can wear the patch released for that Event..

It is generally encouraged that you wear the Most Current Issue of Your Lodge Flap Otherwise.

You are only Suppose to wear a OA Lodge Flap if you are a Registered Member of that Lodge..

Wearing the Patches, for many depends on What type of Patch it is....Many Lodges release several varieties of the Same Patches and Their Values different based on Number produced.

Keep in Mind the Rarity and Value makes them for Targets to be Stolen...Many sets are stolen every year...Growing Up Wichita Lodge 35 had 1 per Life...Those Sale over 650 a piece now Days...They get stolen every time you turn around...

Traders and Collectors collect for many reason.

My lodge is issuing NOAC 2015 lodge pocket flap patches. I am new to the OA so I do not know the proper patch etiquette. Can you wear this patch on your uniform? Are the patches to be worn only if you go to NOAC? Or are they for collecting and trading?

There is no rule prohibiting you from wearing one of your lodge's lodge flaps on your uniform. My lodge is also issuing several NOAC 2015 lodge flaps. There will be a lodge flap for the contingent members, there will be a "trader" patch, there will be a fund-raiser patch, etc. If I wasn't going, I wouldn't wear a contingent member flap on my uniform, but I might just wear the trader or fund-raiser patch. It really depends on you.

KDD, our Lodge is one of the few that does not charge dues. They collect (dues) when you sign up for and pay registration for events. Most other lodges have a fee. I am not sure of our Southern Brothers/same Council; I assume that the dues vs. fees structure is the same for them.