Website for the Pack?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 fred johnson

fred johnson

• Members
  • 1473 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

MattR ... Also note, you only update advancement reports from TroopMaster. You don't upload a complete scout advancement history for the scout. As such, the official record is in ScoutNet. My fear is after seven years of updating TroopMaster will the data be correct.

#22 Loomans

Loomans

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

I do advancements for our pack and our troop. We use Scout Track and find it very helpful. My favorite feature is the interface with Internet Advancements. Each time I upload new advancements, the two sets of data are synced and reconciled so our unofficial record mirrors the official record. Scout Track also gives everyone an overview on individual requirements. This is helpful for the cubmaster to track how dens are doing, parents for how their scouts are doing, and the scoutmaster/ASMs for planning outings and activities. Scout Net doesn't offer that kind of detail. We've tried it both ways and like using a web-based program better than ScoutNet alone. Of course it is only as good as the data entered, so there needs to be a commitment from the unit to make it work.

#23 oddball

oddball

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:04 AM

Yes, getting parents or scouts to read emails, texts, or review a website is challenging. My question is whether you consider, in having a website, that many of us parents do not want their children's pictures and personal data plastered all over the internet? How do you plan to accommodate those wishes?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq