Boy Scout Saves Kid Who Falls Through Ice In Oswego

I doubt and I certainly Hope that the first though through the Scout's Mind was not the Award..I know when I jumped into raging flood waters in Scouts in the 1980's on a Canoe Trip down the Brazos I never Thought about a Medal..And I still don't care that I never got a Medal...Nor the other 5 times I have helped saved people.

I just did it, Knowing they could or would die if I did not help.

I doubt and I certainly Hope that the first though through the Scout's Mind was not the Award..I know when I jumped into raging flood waters in Scouts in the 1980's on a Canoe Trip down the Brazos I never Thought about a Medal..And I still don't care that I never got a Medal...Nor the other 5 times I have helped saved people.

Forestalling death is it's own reward.

I have saved the lives of a lot of different people over the years, and or tried to save them (CPR 7 times and no saves as yet), but one does these things because it's the right thing to do as a Scout, not the accolades you get if someone finds out after the fact.

Stosh