sheesh people!...... yeah, I can change clothes under a bath towel if I want....... but I don't want..... especially with a bunch of boys running around!

So there I was, solo backpacking around Yellowstone Lake and it was after Labor Day and freezing every morning. I had just crawled out of the sleeping bag and was standing there in my underwear thinking that there's no way anyone could possibly be 'around' while I put on my clothes. And then, just at that moment a guy galloped up on a horse to ask if I'd seen a loose horse wandering around. So I just smiled, not quite naked, and said, "nope". And he galloped off. That was a great trip.

Whatever happened to changing in a sleeping bag, or under a blanket?

My mummy bag barely has room for me, I can't change in it. I don't carry a blanket. I sometimese carry a poncho, and usually am camping in a hammock with a tarp.

????? What happened to the posting about the Miner Tent???? I came back here to referernce it and it's GONE!! It mentioned an american company that makes canvas historically accurate tents, what happened to that entry?

I like the brit company (excuse me, Scottish company) and their products, but What Happened To the Other Entry????

Google cotton canvas tent

Lots of good stuff comes up.

As compared to nylon, it is lots easier to make your own. We wanted a Baker for Winter camping and ended up making two. In the process, a couple of Scouts learned to run a sewing machine.