Has anyone had problems contacting Scouter.com???

I have tried for the past 3 weeks to contact SOMEONE at Scouter... I have found that their phone number has been blocked and their email addresses are no longer valid.

I ordered 3 items from Scouter.com on Dec. 19th, but have only received 2 of the items. I have been unable to contact anyone to give me an updated Status of my account...

Thank you!

I ordered my father's Christmas gift from Scouter catalog online before Thanksgiving and they never bothered to ship it to me, although they did take my money. After talking to them on the phone a few times with claims that they would send it, they just quit responding altogether and never sent it. My emails are returned undelivered and my phone calls go unanswered. I've filed a complaint with the BBB and other appropriate internet fraud authorities. Perhaps they can accomplish something. One can only hope.

Thanks for your reply LoriDenn.

I have had the same problems... all my emails to them "bounce" (I have even sent emails to their subscription dept trying to get SOMEONE to respond.. even those were bounced back as invalid...)

Also, now their phones are "BLOCKED" to all incoming calls....

I was able to get through to their fax machine yesterday, but where my fax ended up is anyone's guess.

Could you let me know how you filed your complaint with the BBB and the internet fraud folks... I would like to do the same. If you would like, you can contact me via my email: rhino@rhinoconcepts.com

Thanks!

Barb

Cubmaster, Pack 499

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the link to my posting.

http://www.scouter.com/Forums/viewthread.asp?threadID=870

It has the number to the Kansas City BBB. I believe it is the right number. I will be able to tell you on Tuesday cuz I think I will probably be using it. Another person, Ridgewalker, is out $2500.00 from these jokers. And it was from advertising not from the catalog, his fun started in July.

Keep an eye on my post and lets stick together. Hopefully at least we can get our money back and put this lameness behind us.

Bootman

I received a card from the Better Business Bureau asking if Scouter has rectified my situation. Of course I'll be sending it back marked NO. They are even ignoring the Better Business Bureau. This is shameless. Hopefully the BBB will once again follow up on this and perhaps Scouter will eventually do the right thing. I am not out much as some folks are, but no matter the dollar amount - this is just plain wrong. I'm surprised this website is still here. It seems someone could do something about this. I will keep trying until they acknowledge what they did to me. Good luck to the rest of you.

If you follow Bootman's thread under Issues & Politics, you'll find that you are not alone. It's quite astonishing that the folks in charge of that end of this sites business appear to have an uncaring attitude. (Can you spell fraud?)

I would suggest that folks visiting this site refrain from making purchases. You'll be out your money, and likely never get what you ordered. The catalog part of this site hardly seems to live up to the Scout Oath and Law...which it would appear to hold high, but fails to live up to.

I received this note from customer service:

Anyone with customer service issues with SCOUTER Catalog that need resolving please contact customerservice@scouter.com with the information. We will be happy to assist you with any problems and questions you may have. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I have sent them an email.... we'll see what happens now....

Good luck to you all....

Barb :-)

Has anyone seen the "apology" letter from Scouter when clicking on their catalog section? They are unable to provide good customer service at this time, so they closed their catalog. They said they'll reopen and take orders once again in the future. Is this a joke? What about the money they've taken while their "rotten" customer service was in business? I for one would like my money back. I guess they think the problem will go away if they "disappear" for a while?? Hardly!