Whenever the old fellow was asked to lead a prayer he always began with "Lord, prop us up on our leanin' side". After hearing him pray so fervently thus, he was asked the story behind it, because we knew there must be one...

He answered, "Well sir, I got an old barn out back. It's been there a long time, been thru alot of bad weather and it's served it's purpose well thru many a storm. It's still standing, but one day I noticed it was leanin' off to one side a bit. So I went and got some Pine poles and propped it up on it's leanin' side so's it wouldn't fall.

"Then I got to thinking about that and how much I was like that old barn. I've been around a long time. I've withstood a lot of bad weather and hard times in my life and I hope to say I've met my purpose more than not. But I come to realize that I find myself leaning to one side from time to time. Maybe we get to leaning toward anger, leaning toward bitterness or hatred, leaning toward alot of things that we shouldn't.

"So we need to pray, "Lord, Please prop us up on our leanin' side, help us to stand straight like you wants us to. Help us to make our purpose your purpose. AH-men."