Brotherhood of Scouting

Does anyone have any good storys that would center around this topic. As a ticket item I am doing a newsletter for the troop I serve and use this as the headline story. I have two allready one being the American and Japanese soldiers (scouts) and also the one called "The Buckle" this story centered around a Germans soldier and a boy in WW2.

If you don't have these story's please let me know and I'll e-mail them to you

Owls Rule

One of my favorites from Scouting magazine...

An American Scouter was in England on business when he found himself with some extra time. He decided to try to visit Gilwell Park and Brownsea Island, the birthplace of Scouting. Finding the local car rental dealer, he was disappointed to learn that they had no more cars to rent. Listening to the Scouter's plight, the rental agent reached in his pocket and handed over a set of keys. "What is this?" the Scouter asked. "Take my personal auto," said the agent. "I am a Scouter too. I know you are trustworthy and will return it in good shape. Enjoy your visit, mate."

Hey wots with the Mate bit??

Just joking!!

I use the unknown Scout story a lot. Maybe because it amazes me that one little cockney kid doing one good turn has made such a impact on the world.

"No Gov, keep yur bees 'n' honey,I'm in the brussels sprouts and I can't take your Oxford Scholar" (Cockney rhyming slang)

(No sir keep your money I'm in the boy scouts and I can't take your dollar.)

Eamonn